Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Understanding Quickstart Demo + building a Stack (question 3)

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Paul,

3) so the stacked position of the module used for stacked ought to be in a container, which is in turn in a row, right? in which Template Style 'eg. 'backgrounder', or 'xero' ? am i to look for this container and this row with the 'stacked position' ?? i mean: in your quickstart demo ?

i have searched and cannot find it at this moment.

and besides, subsidiary question: why are there so many Template Styles: with what purposes have you created so many in your demo?

thank you
Nicole
  • Nicole Beeckmans
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 46 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Nicole,

A template style has

1. Rows which have 1 container
2. In each container are module positions and the amount of these vary in different rows
3. The module positions are enabled to display by being dragged and dropped in the template settings e.g. grid1 position

In a module grid1 is selected and it publishes to that position

Not all template styles are the same some will have different positions or not display others
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
'stacked position'

This is a made up position name - it does not exist in the template positions

Position names like this are used so they can be loaded into articles or other positions using the loadposition syntax

This enables module content to be inserted into an article / module

{loadposition stacked-position} for example

This would be added to an article and as long as the same position name is used in the module itself and the module is assigned to all page it will display
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers