Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

div background url: "image" +

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

hello.

i am trying to customize Build'R so that on a specific webpage ( thus within a created article) , the background is coming FULL image: an animated Gif: to do that i have tried to write <div style ... </div> etc in the article editor. but it seems because there is a Template on my page, the background with the Gif image (in my data base folder) does not appear on the sides: only so far in the center.

i have got a hard time understanding how to tell Joomla! not to pay attention to the Template, so that the background Gif fills the whole screen, be it desktop or mobile.

besides i want an overlay with texts and a vimeo embed, but that could remain, be in the Template, right?

(besides is there further documentation about handling modules like zen2 on your web? it's hard to get the logic of it, even while watching tutorial youtubes videos on the web, in advance: a big thank you !)

Nicole
  • Nicole Beeckmans
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 46 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Nicole,

The template works using rows and containers

So the content will fill the space available or the space set by the content

The exception is the background position but any article or module content will sit on top of it

Can you show me what you have so far?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Regarding

"besides I want an overlay with texts and a vimeo embed, but that could remain, be in the Template, right?"

Are these separate positions?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
paulus103 wrote:
Hi Nicole,

The template works using rows and containers

So the content will fill the space available or the space set by the content

The exception is the background position but any article or module content will sit on top of it

Can you show me what you have so far?

Cheers
Paul

www.brokenvessels.xyz/index.php/2-non-categorise/4-videodiagram

<<< please disregard any (unpolished) artist content, it's just there to show you my problem: on the right and on the left, there is white space. i want the gif animation to fill the whole space that is white at the moment. as well both on mobile and tablets, & desktop (responsivity)

(i don't understand the words you use: 'row' - 'container' from the few documentation i got, but i think i do understand the idea signified by your answer - i think if you have a look at my page, you will see that the animation stands contained as content in a rectangle: yet i want it everywhere now. and yet still be able to embed a vimeo source, add text etc in the Build'r template, probably with zentools2 modules)

thank you,
Nicole
  • Nicole Beeckmans
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 46 posts
paulus103 wrote:
Regarding

"besides I want an overlay with texts and a vimeo embed, but that could remain, be in the Template, right?"

Are these separate positions?

Cheers
Paul

yes, the text will go on top of the background (gif animation) and the vimeo will be aligned <center> .
  • Nicole Beeckmans
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 46 posts
I'd try with a different position row rather than an article

this is the design section and in this example it points to gridwrap2 which contains these two positions

settings.png
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
With the style tab open scroll down or close the row style section by clicking on row style

container-width.png

You need to open the container section and click the button marked by the arrow

This makes the container where the content sits full width

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
hi Paul,

trying with different positions: i send you the printscreen wherein should you be able to help me
find my right position to tweak the background fullscreen container.

or is it due to some anomaly elsewhere?,

but anyway i find no 'zero position', and as i already tried: 'breadcrumb', 'menu', 'grid8' --< to tweak on these design/container's tabs.

nota bene: that there is upon loading, some 'blink' of the animated Gif, just two miliseconds. and that whatever changes i put in the template designer in color in the menus tabs, there come barely no change. there must be either something which i misunderstand, either something anomaly in my joomla! configuration, somewhere.

(i have chose 'background' as the preset 'template build.r' , if that matter)

don't you have further documentation somewhere, a tutorial or something, i am drawning in ignorance of joomla! and build.r and zentools2.

thankyou,
Nicole
Attachments:
  • Nicole Beeckmans
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 46 posts
This is the buildr core documentation

docs.joomlabamboo.com/joomla-template/buildr-documentation/
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
For Zentools

zentools2.joomlabamboo.com/

Regarding the template you are using background or backgrounder?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
paulus103 wrote:
For Zentools

zentools2.joomlabamboo.com/

Regarding the template you are using background or backgrounder?

Cheers
Paul

going to glance at the documentation for both Build.r and Zentools2.

For the while, if you could tell me how to use the information I attached yesterday: which position to choose for picking the right one to 'design' - 'style ' - 'make container full width', this would greatly ease my understanding and quicken my process in composing this page and the others.: is it 'zero position' if i want to use a animated gif in the 'full width' ?

i use background and not backgrounder, but this is not a meditated step, i cherry picked 'background' by chance, arbitrarily, for testing sake. my first step in trying to test/understand how it works. will see, again, the docs you linked me with. but your answer could help me speed up.

thank you, regards,
Nicole
  • Nicole Beeckmans
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 46 posts
Hi Nicole

I think it might be easier if I help you via a ticket

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,
sent you an email (this afternoon, around 8AM in NYC),
is there no tutorial, some step i did wrong:
the content does not change whatever i do change in design tabs / rows etc
only control is via the modules,
regards,
Nicole
  • Nicole Beeckmans
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 46 posts
Hi Nicole,

I find email very hard to manage unfortunately as I get so many everyday

I appreciate your comments on https

I will check my emails
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,
Please see your email. But now my page is okay, even though I did it manually: barely using Build.r, because I just don't understand the following:

So, in Brief, I don't understand what is the relation between :
1) Module Creation, and attribution of position

2) Article with Animated GIF Background = Position = ?

3) the Design Tabs with the right tab with name which seems to correspond to a position, but when I tweak the Tab (for example i Go to tab "main", which lay in same compartment than tab "menu" in {BIG_tab "Main" [or is it the position "main"?]}

I press 'Main Row Setting', and there, you told me to go to Tab 'Style' and there, only ? to set the background 'Container Style' - and 'Container Background Image' to 'main container full width' and set the image from folder. ?

4) Category Creation : how necessary is that part of the general process of using 'modules', 'articles', 'menus', and the 'design tabs' ?????
Is that all. I would strongly appreciate some info/knowledge input.

Besides, if you see my webpage (see your email) : I wish i knew to what 'design' 'tab' (is it 'main'?) to add a parallax, so that the Text and Viméo player would 'float' on top of the now Background GIF ??

Thank You,
Regards,
Nicole
  • Nicole Beeckmans
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 46 posts
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by manh.
Hi. Is there anybody who could answer my question, waiting since Thursday now :(
Nicole
Nicole Beeckmans wrote:
Hi Paul,
Please see your email. But now my page is okay, even though I did it manually: barely using Build.r, because I just don't understand the following:

So, in Brief, I don't understand what is the relation between : 1) Module Creation, and attribution of position 2) Article with Animated GIF Background = Position = ? 3) the Design Tabs with the right tab with name which seems to correspond to a position, but when I tweak the Tab (for example i Go to tab "main", which lay in same compartment than tab "menu" in {BIG_tab "Main" [or is it the position "main"?]} I press 'Main Row Setting', and there, you told me to go to Tab 'Style' and there, only ? to set the background 'Container Style' - and 'Container Background Image' to 'main container full width' and set the image from folder. ? 4) Category Creation : how necessary is that part of the general process of using 'modules', 'articles', 'menus', and the 'design tabs' ?????
Is that all. I would strongly appreciate some info/knowledge input.

Besides, if you see my webpage (see your email) : I wish i knew to what 'design' 'tab' (is it 'main'?) to add a parallax, so that the Text and Viméo player would 'float' on top of the now Background GIF ??

Thank You,
Regards,
Nicole
  • Nicole Beeckmans
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 46 posts
Hi Nicole,

The template is made up of rows

inside a row is a container

The container contains module positions

For the position to be activated a module in module manager needs to be published/enabled in that module position

For row and container settings to apply a module has to be set to display and a module (as above) be published and set to display

Rows and containers have settings for numerous options
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nicole Beeckmans
Joomla best works via a process of

1. category creation
2. articles creation
3. menu creation
4. module creation
5. template

1-3 are essential to avoid confusion or delay
4-5 are more flexible
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
For creation of article / module content I'd look here

www.siteground.com/tutorials/joomla/

for some video tutorials under the Build a Site With Joomla 3 section
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers