Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Resizing original images so smaller 'size/weight' versions served to smaller devices or screen sizes

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi there

Is there a facility in zentools2 modules for reducing the 'weight' of an image for different devices e.g. a 100kb image that displays nicely on a large screen is served up at 30kb on a small screen or device?

I have found this reference:
zentools.joomlabamboo.com/setup/working-with-images/235-specifying-image-sizes-based-on-screen-sizes

but I think it refers to an earlier version of zentools as I can't seem to find anything similar in zentools2.

Thanks

Brian
  • Brian
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 40 posts
  • 10 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Brian,

We decided not to implement that feature I'm afraid in zentools2 as it proved quite problematic

For users in certain situations it didn't work well or wasn't entirely reliable

sorry about that

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul

That's a shame as I think it's a great idea.

Hopefully at some point in the future it can be reintroduced in a more reliable version.

Thanks

Brian
  • Brian
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 40 posts
  • 10 Thanks
Hi Brian,

Yes I will add it to the tracker

Thanks for your feedback on this

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers