Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Can't get login module to publish

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Friends!

This is something that is really getting to me! I am having real problems with squirrelly things happening with my Grid5,6, 7, 8 modules at
www.buildwelllibrary.org/bwsource16/index.php

First, it has been really difficult to get the H3 header links to actually link to internal articles, in a hidden menu. They may work for a while, but then they break, and link only back to home page.

Second, on my link to the login page, I have an actual article where I tell folks who may want to leave comments or upload documents that they must register and login to do so, then I want a sidebar2 login module, on this page and on a few other pages - articles linked in hidden menu.

But for the life of me I can't get that login module in sidebar2 (or any other position!) to publish.

What gives? Any thoughts? I've tried unpublishing, then publishing

Here is the page I want it to go
www.buildwelllibrary.org/bwsource16/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13

settings here:
Attachments:
  • swellking
  • 12 Month basic
  • 420 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

www.buildwelllibrary.org/bwsource16/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13

Definitely looks an itemid issue as the breadcrumbs are showing home

Same with search and upload

With the menu links you have in the hidden menu - they are live and published?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Are you using the JCE editor I find this easier to work with e.g. you can click the link icon and then select the link in the menu
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
With itemid not being set up correctly the module assignment won't work right either they are two sides of the same coin

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I tried a number of different things to no avail.
1. I assigned the login module to a page on the main menu, Upload under About, and it publishes fine.

2. I edited the Hidden menu type from hidden to choices to see if the word hidden really means hide. ;) I was also now able to make sure it is selected for the template on the rest of the site. With it being hidden, I could not select in in the template assignment setting. Changing it enabled me to select it for the template.

3. I reviewed and made sure that sidebar2 is active in the template, and indeed, it works in main menu links.

I know the menu links work because I copy and paste them into the url and they take me to the page, but, you are correct, the breadcrumbs do not tell me where I am.

I should say that it was all working well the other day, and then I did some rearranging, didn't like my changes, so went back to the way it was, and now it doesn't work. But I didn't do anything to either the menu, their links, or the module settings.
  • swellking
  • 12 Month basic
  • 420 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi

Might be easier if I take a look

If you can post a ticket now I can take a look but otherwise it would be tomorrow - mark for Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers