Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Blankly - Errors Upon Clicking 'Save Theme' in Template Administration (After Performing Updates)

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

I installed Blankly on a local wamp installation. The Joomla version was 3.5.1, I believe, so I proceeded to upgrade it to the latest version (had to manually unpack the update in the root directory because the update component wouldn't work for some reason).

I then went ahead and installed the latest Buildr version (so I think Blankly was updated)...but to finish updating Buildr, I know I had to compile the LESS in the template admin - this is the error that popped up when I tried to do so (using latest firfox on win. 10):

JB-Screenshot7.png

I'm unable to save/compile the Blankly template now (saving works fine on all my other local installations).
Am I not supposed to try and update the Buildr version of Blankly (not sure if I'm doing something wrong)?

Aadil
  • Aadil
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Aadil,

Can I just check - what is the filename of the buildr template you are installing?

Is it this?

JB_Buildr_J3+_v1.3.2.zip

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

No, it was that version of Buildr but the ColourShift version from your downloads page.

Regards,
Aadil
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
Hi Aadil,

I will check with the developers and get back to you as soon as possible

Sorry for the inconvenience

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aadil
Hi Paul,

Were you able to communicate with your devs yet (regarding the issue in this thread as well as the bugs in Zentools2 and Buildr that I've opened other threads for)?

I'm not sure what has and hasn't been put on your guys' bug tracker.

Regards,
Aadil
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
We are planning an update to fix a major issue with the frameworkthis week

This is a major update so after that is released I'll ask the devs about what it is on the tracker

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Great...sounds good.

There are quite a number of issues that pop up when you really attempt to make use of the framework.

Presently, I've only scratched the surface and there's somehow always something or the other acting up...it doesn't really feel like I can put the framework into production yet.

I'm going to open up another thread - found inconsistencies between when bootstrap3 is and isn't included.

Regards,
Aadil
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
Hi Aadil,

Issue wise we've not had many reports of problems - I think most users don't like / use bootstrap much and only use it if required by an extension

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

Saw that the new template was finally released but I don't see a download page anywhere?

Also, were all the bugs sorted out with ColourShift 2 not being able to compile (as well as whatever other bugs that were being worked on at the time when I asked)?

Regards,
Aadil

EDIT: I reread the blog post & saw that you only said it was 'about to be released' - it hasn't been released yet.
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Aadil.
Hi Aadil,

template isn't quite released yet and it is a standalone at the moment e.g. it can't be used in an existing buildr site as a child theme

With it not compiling how are you using colourshift2?

The stuff you've flagged up isn't in the framework yet as we've not had time I'm afraid

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

I'm not using ColourShift2 - the only reason I installed it over Blankly is because I thought there was a framework update...like you mentined above.
When it wouldn't compile, I reinstalled the standard buildr 1.3.2 framework over ColourShift2 - so I could compile again.

Regards,
Aadil
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
There have been framework updates but we still have lots of stuff pending

It should now compile as far as I'm aware

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
On the downloads page, it still looks like the links haven't been updated:
JB_Buildr_J3+_v1.3.2_Colourshift2.zip
(Updated 31-10-2016)
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
At the moment any framework update is only in ufafiti

We need to refactor all the child themes

We need to release templates moving forward - we will need to update all the templates, presets and child themes -so its a big job

The issues you've flagged up are not yet included

For this reason at the moment ufafiti won't work within an existing buildr template

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Sure, I thought we were both talking about the ColourShift2 template....and I thought you meant that it had a framework update (because I initially mentioned that it wouldn't compile....and then you said "It should now compile as far as I'm aware").

So, to clear things up, has the ColourShift2 compilation bug been fixed (I opened this thread because of the compile error for that template) and will the update to the ColourShift2 template be released later (after you release the new Ufafiti template)?

I'm not so concerned with the standalone templates - I'm mainly looking forward to the framework updates (as I want to continue making child themes).

EDIT: Also, will I be able to install Ufafiti over my existing Buildr installations and the child themes will work fine (then I can continue to develop Child themes using Ufafiti)?

Regards,
Aadil
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
EDIT: Also, will I be able to install Ufafiti over my existing Buildr installations and the child themes will work fine (then I can continue to develop Child themes using Ufafiti)?

Currently unfortunately you won't be able to do this with Ufafiti
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
We need to release templates so we haven't added issue on mine and your list at this stage

We had to make a decision over continuing to work on making child themes manageable long term or delay this work temporarily and release templates

At the moment the child theme system isn't maintainable - each template package and quickstart has to be updated every time we update a child theme as we don't know what child themes are being used in a particular template

So we plan to make the child themes as separate installs with a core framework/buildr that works for all of them

With this work we haven't been able to make ufafit installable into an existing site as we just haven't had time I'm afraid
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
We are working on an extension that can update sites if needed together with a more robust system to stop stuff breaking on compile

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
We do have a plugin version that is at a beta stage entering testing

I could send you a copy but I wouldn't use if on real sites?

Would you be interested?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

Okay, to clear some things up...
"we plan to make the child themes as separate installs with a core framework/buildr that works for all of them"
This sounds good because I'm all for maintaining the framework in the easiest possible way.
1) I recently finished putting together a template preset - will I be able to upload this preset to the Ufafiti Buildr version (because I'm assuming that Ufafiti is shipping with the updated Buildr version)?
2) If Ufafiti ships with the new Buildr version, then am I supposed to build by template presets (& child themes) using Ufafiti (I don't plan on using the Ufafiti template, I'm mainly interested in using the updated Buildr version)?

"I could send you a copy but I wouldn't use if on real sites?
Would you be interested?"

Yeah sure, send it over & when I have some time then I'll definitely try to take a look at it, thanks.

Regards,
Aadil
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers