Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Including a core block into custom block

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi there,

I have created a custom off-canvas.php file, in order to show the social icons underneath the off canvas menu.

I have currently copied the raw HTML into the off-canvas.php file

This works fine, however should the client add new social icons or remove/ change the current ones this of course would not update.

What i would like to do is include the tpls/blocks/social.php file into this new off-canvas.php file, so it will always build the html accordingly.

I am not sure how to do this, and any help will be much appreciated. Apologies if i have not explained this properly.

Thanks

Jamie
  • JY Web Solutions
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 29 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Jamie,

I'm wondering if using zensocial might be an option as a module and change the module order

The module could have a class so it only shows on mobile width

Possible option?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I was hoping I would be able to use the php include which is printed on the main template wherever that is as I spent more time than I wanted to already.

If it becomes a problem I will use this solution.

Thanks Paul.
  • JY Web Solutions
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 29 posts
Hi

I will check with the developers in the morning

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers