Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Blankly - Page Types > Contacts > 'Frankie Hubbert' Link - Bottom Text Cut Off

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

If you guys click on the 'Frankie Hubbert' link on the 'Contacts' page, it will open up a page with tabs. On the tabs page, the bottom text is cut off.

Windows 10, latest Firefox (1920x1080).

Regards,
Aadil
  • Aadil
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Image:

zJB-FrankieHubbert-bambootheme_com_showcase_blankly_page-types_contacts_1-frank-hubberttextcutoffatbottomoncontactpage.png
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
hmmm

I think we made a mistake with the sample data and used an artificially big image

If I reduce the image locally size it works ok

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I'll try changing the image in the morning as I don't have access details for the demo site at the moment

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

I actually had a look at the code and it's being cut-off because of the 'max-width' property - increasing it will allow everything to display.
Although, I'm not sure if that's the best solution because if a lot of content is displayed there then things would start to get cut off at some point?!

Regards,
Aadil
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
Hi Aadile,

My reasoning was nobody would use a picture that big and / or developers would have a sidebar

I was thinking of shrinking the image and also adding a sidebar module to the right?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

Cool, I understand your reasoning - that would definitely be the likely situation.

My reasoning for attempting to support the very rare cases (such as allowing a lot of content in this example), is that I like to allow for maximum usability by the largest audience possible (so long as there aren't any real pitfalls).
People are starting to use bigger & bigger images in design...also, I plan to use Retina extensions to trigger high resolution images for supported devices - I would think that the hard-coded max-width property would then cut-off content in such a situation?

No pitfalls really stand out to me in terms of implementing a higher max-width...but I don't know if I'm missing anything obvious.

Regards,
Aadil
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
Hi Paul,

When you've had a chance to modify things, then let me know which fix/solution you've implemented?

Regards,
Aadil
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
Hi Aadil,

Yep will try

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aadil
Hi Paul,

In addition to the above, I've had a look at the highline2 contact page.

When the contact slide is already open and then you click the contact form slide, the slide goes down off the page area (I think this might relate to the above and maybe height needs to be dynamic somehow).
z-23id2pof923jf926ksqp92kd83.png

I know dynamic height is somehow possible because I've used the sliders by NoNumber and that implements accordion sliders well.

Is this topic on your bug tracker (even if it's after sorting out the framework issues you guys have been having)?

Regards,
Aadil
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Aadil.
Hi Aadil,

Once we have the new version of the framework released, me and the team will talk through updates

Thanks for your patience

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aadil

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers