Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

can I make Top1 stick as well as the nav row?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I think my approach to this would be to create a custom row and module(s) to site at the top of the page, fixed and with z-index to suit. Apply any style or menu behaviour then via css/less and js to get the desired effect and look.

Personally I would style and create outside of JB styling to avoid conflicts later down the line, then wrap it all into a new template. It is a bit more work from the outset by easier down the line when the client has a creative outburst!

Cheers ian
  • iafdesign
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Thanks Ian,

Have a great weekend

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Ian, I think there may be a requirement for extra rows (because they want to add google ads) but I'm not looking to get far outside the template. For one thing, this is a publisher so there won't be another burst of 'creativity' for at least seven years, though there will be periodic bursts of management. For another, making my own template is beyond the budget (and my skill). :whistle:
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by blueshift.
Okay, another idea for you to explore.

A free extension from Joomlart
www.joomlart.com/joomla/extensions/ja-promo-bar

I used this once a while ago and worked fine as far as I remember, so a suck it and see basis, it may be worth a look. It is free and no complicated to setup to try out. It would give you the top bar and make it sticky, you could then add links as buttons with zencode. If you needs popups these could be added as modals I'm guessing.

Hope it gives you some food for thought and something to try.

regards Ian
  • iafdesign
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
Thanks Ian looks a decent option :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers