Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Buildr quickstart pack - session1

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I just uploaded the standard template onto a trial site (axisremituk.com).

i am completely lost as where I can make changes to different template elements.

For example the positions of each items, starting from the Logo/Name at the top left.

Also this is a new internal website so I just want my team to login BUT using Firefox, the Login goes outside the frame.

Can someone (e.g. author) help please?
Attachments:
  • Saeed Fararooy
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 2 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Saeed,

With the standard template do you mean not the quickstart version?
e.g. you installed a file labelled JB_Buildr_J3+_v1.3.2.zip

We do have upcoming fix for the login dropping down outside of the screen - is that the problem you are having with login?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
sorry yes I missed seeing the screenshot somehow - we are working on this bug and it should be released this week
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
With logging in via the front end you won't be able to change a lot - just wanted to check you were aware of this (apologies if I'm stating the obvious)

Back to the logo - this is a controlled by a custom html module and you can adjust the actual logo contents here
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Regarding

"For example the positions of each items, starting from the Logo/Name at the top left."

what are you looking to change?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Paul

I have downloaded several quickstart and other zip files. So actually I had not uploaded JB_Buildr_J3+_v1.3.2.zip because what is lacking on your plan and website is a simple readme file to explain what is what!

So now I understand that you will fix a bug and that some of the content like logos that I need to replace are embedded in the CSS html files?! I expected that when I open the templates the positions are shown and I can change settings there.

I appreciate now that we have someone to reply to my questions. I will now look at unzipping the file you mentioned unto my website tomorrow and I expect we will get the bug fix in a few days?

Thanks, Saeed
  • Saeed Fararooy
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 2 posts
Hi Saeed,

Sorry I wasn't clear - I was covering three points

1. The logo content is a custom html module published to the logo position.
2. The bug I'm referring to is the login module dropdown - when the screen width is restricted this should open and be viewable but at the moment it isn't working correctly as shown in your screenshot.
3. I wasn't sure if you were using the quickstart or not - so wanted to clarify what you were using as my answer would have been a little different

Regarding the documentation - have you had a look here
docs.joomlabamboo.com/joomla-template/buildr-documentation/

In relation to the layout -
docs.joomlabamboo.com/joomla-template/buildr-documentation/layout
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by manh.
and regarding

"I appreciate now that we have someone to reply to my questions. I will now look at unzipping the file you mentioned unto my website tomorrow and I expect we will get the bug fix in a few days?"

You install new versions of the template via the standard installer - so you don't need to extract any file.

With installing the template please also install the plugin framework version as well via the standard Joomla installer

Regarding the update - hopefully this week to fix the login dropdown issue

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
If you still are unclear about anything to do with the logo and positions etc please ask away

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers