Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Add menu item to Onepage

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,
I'm setting out to build a site with the buildr template for the first time. Love the flexibility & options of Buildr but a bit confusing for me as fairly new to most of this.

I want to use Onepage for the home page plus pages created with Joomla/Zentools using other buildr themes - for instance a "News" page.

I realise the Onepage menu is created in the template style/menus area, linking to grid rows, but is it possible to add a new menu item linking to the News page? If it's not possible to add a link to another page within the Onepage menu, is there a workaround to achieve the same result?

On the News page, I guess I can create a main menu that looks the same as the Onepage menu with external links back to the anchor positions (e.g. "Grid2" - http://mydomain/#grid2-link). Will that work?

I hope this makes sense & I'd appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Ray
  • Ray Robson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 12 posts
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Ray Robson.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Ray,

It's not possible to add an external link to the onepage menu without manually editing the template files.
If you had a news section on the homepage, you could add a link from that section to 'more news' or something similar.

You can create a copy of the template which is not set to use the onepage option and set it as the default template for the site and assign the onepage template only to the homepage.

That way your normal menu would show on all other pages.

You are correct with the anchor links. Eg: bambootheme.com/showcase/aug16/#grid3-link

Regards,

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Robert Went.
Hi Robert,
I think I know what you mean - I'll have a play with it tomorrow and see if I can get it to do what I want.

On the homepage I've got the "Select menu" module position on the same row as the onepage menu so I thought I may be able to create a new one-item menu "News" in this position which would link to a news page (using the new default template and new normal menu).

Does that make sense?

I haven't tried that yet because I'm trying to solve the other problems I'm having at the moment!

It's taking me a while to get up to speed with this but I think I'm getting there!

Thanks again,

Ray
  • Ray Robson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 12 posts
Hi Ray,

Sorry this post seems to have got missed - are you still looking for help?

sorry for delay on this

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi,
I've just realised I did not come back to you on this.

I got it to work with a new menu item in a module in a position next to the onepage menu and it seemed to work fine.

It was a bit tricky to get the menu text to line up properly, and I didn't sort out the menu collapse behaviour but I guess it would be doable.

I did not use this in the end, I used the offcanvas menu and other links instead.

Thanks,
Ray
  • Ray Robson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 12 posts
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Ray Robson.
Thanks Ray

Best of luck with the site

Have a great weekend

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers