Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

subnavi needs a delay

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Please have a look at dev.kiteboarding-windsurfing-spotguide.com/de/

When you hover the user icon and try to reach its sub items you have to be very precise to not leave the hot zone or the sub menu will disappear. I suggest a couple of things:
  • apply a 0.3s timeout before the JS hides the sub menu after the mouse left the hot zone (BTW I suggested that already 2 years ago)
  • the sub menu show/hide bubbles, use event.stopPropagation() or on() to prevent this[/li]
  • let the js code decide whether to open the sub menu left or right so it does not exceed the screen dimensions, I hard coded that for now via css
  • ubunti
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 371 posts
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by ubunti.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

I'll check with the developers on this on Monday - I know we are still having problems with the off screen and animation effects on drop down

Thanks again

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I tweaked it via css so the mouse hovers over a fully transparent area which gives sort of the desired delay effect.
  • ubunti
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 371 posts
I'll check

Thanks for the update

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers