Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

add new module positions to build.r template ??

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I'm trying to add new module positions to build.r template but only found how to add it to ZGF4

docs.joomlabamboo.com/zen-grid-framework-4/layout/Adding-new-module-positions

Add the new positions to the positions.json

The first step is to add the position to the positions.json file located in the settings/layouts folder.

The positions.json file is a standard json file with the information stored for the modules as follows:

"positions.json" does not exist in Build.r, could it be "allpositions.json"??

And are the other info right for BUILD.R?

If not, I need it ASAP, could it be updated please!!!
  • APAZO
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 75 posts
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by APAZO.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

With the content of the link I'm assuming you want to add the position to the template admin?

Regards,
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
template admin? dont understand...

I have several copies of the main template (build.r) and in ONE of them NEED to add a module in the middle
  • APAZO
  • 75 posts
Hi

The principle for adding a module position is the same in Buildr to that in zgfv4, the json file moved up one level to settings folder, however best for the JB support team to talk you through this in more detail if you still need help.

With Buildr you are less likely to need to dive into the code, unless you want to, as you can move around the existing modules within rows and between rows.
docs.joomlabamboo.com/joomla-template/buildr-documentation/layout/drag-drop-modules
Unless you are using all the module positions, you should be able to just grab a module then drag & drop where you need it from the layout panel in the template admin. This approach is usually simpler and easier to maintain if you update the template.

Regards Ian
  • iafdesign
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
i need to add a row between existing rows because of they are alternating text (in a row) and parallax image (in other row) and so on...
  • APAZO
  • 75 posts
Hi

You are getting into deeper customisation, so JB support team are best advise on specifics.

As pointer in the meantime, if I am understanding you correctly, you will need to additional php blocks and call them from the default.php file, all are in the tpls folder and blocks sub folder. You can duplicate the block to add rows, but then to reference them in the json and xml. Depending on how you approach it there will be other steps to get it working seamlessly. As I said this deeper custom work of the template, all achievable, but not out of the box.

It may be worth looking if you can move modules around in rows that exist to accommodate your design. Unless you are using all the rows it may be a quicker and simpler solution to consider.

Good luck with it, Ian
  • iafdesign
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
Is Ian's suggestion possible?

"It may be worth looking if you can move modules around in rows that exist to accommodate your design. Unless you are using all the rows it may be a quicker and simpler solution to consider."

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi

An additional option is you use a child theme and override the default.php within the child theme. Here are the docs to guide you.

docs.joomlabamboo.com/joomla-template/buildr-documentation/style/using-child-themes

Dragging around in the layout tab is still the easier and quickest option if you are able.

Regards Ian
  • iafdesign
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: manh
Thanks Ian :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers