Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Arranging photos for Slideshow.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi there,

I want to arrange my photos to be displayed in a particular order in back stretch slideshow but it seems that the only way I can arrange them in my way is by adding a number in front of the photo name as the module automatically arranges the photos in alphabetical number.

Is there other way of arranging the order in which the photos have to be displayed?

My website is: fancybirdphoto.com

Thanks,
  • Jorge Cruz
  • 12 Month basic
  • 135 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Have you tried alphabetically instead of numbers?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Either alphabetically or numerically doesn't give you much flexibility when it comes to truly arranging the photos in a particular manner:

My photos names are:

Sword billed Humminbird

Booted Raquet-tail

Masked Trogon

Pinnochio Rainfrog

They need to be ordered like this:

Booted Raquetail

Sword-billed Hummingbird

Pinochio Rainfrog

Masked Trogon.

I cannot achieve this order neither by numerical or alphabetical order.

I am now having extra issues with ordering as I am now using overlay with title in each photo and the name is appearing with the number that I have been using in the photo name to arange the photos in a particular manner. Link for you to see this:

fancybirdphoto.com/gallery
  • Jorge Cruz
  • 12 Month basic
  • 135 posts
Jorge,

Within Zentools options click onto the Content Tab and scroll down to the 'Content Ordering and Filtering' dropdown box.

Within this dropdown of options is the only way to sort images, item pages or categories within Zentools. So yes, to get a specific arrangements of images you will need to rename each image using a numbering/alpha system.

Another way would be to create a specific category, create articles associated with this category and populate your articles with just an image. Once you have done this, you can re-arrange your articles however you wish and instruct Zentools to sort using the Joomla Ordering option. This will pull up the 'first-in-line' article and sort down from there based on your article arrangements.
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Thanks Ed :)

prefix.jpg

As Ed said I think you need to turn on the prefix and then add the letter or number :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul,

I never new what that prefix feature was for. Your answer has fully solved my issue and I now have full control of the ordering of my photos. Thanks for your patience as english is not my first language and sometimes I feel that I do not fully express what I am looking for.
  • Jorge Cruz
  • 12 Month basic
  • 135 posts
Thanks Ed,

I think the prefix feature is the best approach to have full control of ordering of photos.
  • Jorge Cruz
  • 12 Month basic
  • 135 posts
Jorge

No problem

Best of luck with the site

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers