Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Adding Tags into Blog Category Layout

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I want to display tags for articles next to the Category in the Aside section of the blog category layout.

In blog_item.php I see where the aside stuff is configured, but where do I then find the code to change joomla.content.info_block.block?

<!-- Aside -->
    <?php if ($topInfo || $icons) : ?>
    <aside class="article-aside clearfix">
      <?php if ($topInfo): ?>
      <?php echo JLayoutHelper::render('joomla.content.info_block.block', array('item' => $this->item, 'params' => $params, 'position' => 'above')); ?>
      <?php endif; ?>

<?php if ($icons): ?>
      <?php echo JLayoutHelper::render('joomla.content.icons', array('item' => $this->item, 'params' => $params)); ?>
      <?php endif; ?>
    </aside>  
    <?php endif; ?>
    <!-- //Aside -->
  • pjackson
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 28 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Peter,

Anything using JLayout is stored in the layouts folder (root) or overrided in the templates html/layouts folder.

The path to the correct file comes from the first parameter in the render method, so
joomla.content.info_block.block
would relate to the file
layouts/joomla/content/info_block/block.php

To stop the changes being wiped out in an update, you can copy the layout file to a new name and then change the render path to the new override file.

Regards,

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers