Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Welcome Buildr

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Folks,

I'm super excited to announce the availability of the Buildr theme.

This template has been a long time in the making - the first seed was sown after christmas at the end of last year. And while I had hoped to have this release in time for March, March came and went but I think the final product will be all the better for the delay.

On the blog last month I spoke about missing February's template release and that everyone received an extra month. Well since Buildr didn't make it here for March, I have added another month to everyone's subscription.

It hasn't been ideal to miss the release of a template two months in a row but Buildr is actually much more than two templates and the redesigned interface and framework (Now Zen Grid Framework v5) will mean that creating themes will be a lot faster and a lot smoother.

Buildr works on the idea that we should be able to control most of the visual display from within the interface and so the themes you see on the demo are all just variations of template settings. There is no extra css required to sift the design from the bare bones Responsive to the more elaborate Backgrounder theme.

I will be working on the documentation now over the weekend and will hopefully have that finished for you by Monday. For those willing to dive in you can download the template and quickstart package now.

Here is the demo:
demo.joomlabamboo.com

Enjoy!
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Fantastic work looking good!

Ian
  • iafdesign
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
Thanks Ian :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Congrads on the great work JB Team - I look forward to digging into the code.
Hope this will be your flagship theme/template that you continue refining and supporting well into the future!?

Aadil
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
Let us know what you think Aadil.

I built this with the idea that creating new themes will either be done from within the interface or by the addition of a .less file.

But love to hear what you think.
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aadil
Woop Woop! Well done a real beauty of a theme....
  • breathwork
  • 12 Month basic
  • 49 posts
  • 5 Thanks

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yikes! Just as I was finally starting to build up some real momentum on our Ascent2-based site, I find I've got to do some serious re-evaluating. You release a gorgeous new template with a new version of ZGF ... and what's more, it includes a theme that's an updated version of Koan, the template that we were originally planning to use for this site!

You sure know how to make things hard on a guy! :P

Seriously, though ... congratulations on the new template and ZGF5! It looks amazing.
  • Dominion
  • 16 posts
Last Edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by Dominion.
Best of luck with your choices :)

I'll pass that on to Anthony

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thank you ... In fact, it was really some of the design aspects of Acent2 that attracted us to that template, and we were planning to use it in relatively unchanged form ... so we'll probably keep going with that plan.

But I'm thinking Build.r with the Backgrounder theme may be an even better fit for what we were planning to do with our other site, for which we had planned on using Gazetta ... it will probably get us closer to where we want to take it with much less work ... so this release was very fortunately timed for us!
  • Dominion
  • 16 posts
Cool look forward to hearing how you get on

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers