Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zen Grid 2 slide show: Can I use lightbox to open gallery of fullsize images

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello -

I have slideshow on saintsabina.org/100th/worship-service-and-open-house.html.

Each of the 6 photos in the slideshow is linked to a larger (uncropped) version of in a new window using manual links. I'd like to have these larger versions open in a scrollable light box gallery instead of the cropped versions in the slideshow. Is there a way to set this up?

Sharon
  • ssartjb
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 343 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Sharon,

Just so I'm clear you want to display an image in the slideshow and display a different image in the lightbox?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yes. That's Right. If you click on an image now you'll see it opens a larger image in another window which I set up using manual links.

When I had the lightbox enabled, it opened the same images as in the slideshow and I didn't know how to get it to open the larger images.

I have two images because I wanted to customize the cropping of each image.

Thanks
Sharon
  • ssartjb
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 343 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Sharon,

I think it might be possible I'll need to test it in the morning - the end of migraine at the moment

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thank you.

Ouch. I get migraines too! Often nothing you can do but try for a good night's sleep and a fresh start the next day. Hope you're feeling much better tomorrow.

Sharon
  • ssartjb
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 343 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by ssartjb. Reason: small typo
Hi Sharon,

Thanks appreciate it but it's my own fault I think too many late nights at a desk

Can I just check what source you are using for the images and do you have any flexibility in what source you use?
e.g. if using a folder could you use articles instead?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I and many others appreciate those late nights.

I'll think some more about how I want to do this.

The short answer seems to be this isn't something a Zen Tools 2 lightbox does easily without a kind of work around. I could use articles but I'd like to cut back on creating articles when I don't need them to be indexed or experienced like a full web page by site visitors.

I think this would be a nice feature to add to Zen Tools, nicer still with the option to put in longer text in the gallery caption than in the image title.

Sharon
  • ssartjb
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 343 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Sharon,

It's not easy to do - I'm not exactly sure if it's possible but definitely not possible using just images from a folder

There are more flexible options using text with zentools2 but working with images in lightboxes can be tricky

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Have a great weekend :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers