Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Missing 'social' position in stand alone template

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Paul
I've downloaded a quickstart package of the corporation template and am building my site using that as a guide in conjunction with the documentation.
In the bottom logo a grid is created using the {zen-row} syntax which is great. It also calls a social icons module using Joomla's loadposition function but in the quick start package zen social isn't pre-loaded. Having loaded it the footer module looks good.The module 'we are social' already exists and loads nicely in the 'social' position of the template.
In the stand alone version of the template, however, the 'social' position does not exist so I can't replicate it. The template does have social icons in the nav bar but these aren't called in the same way.
Is there a way to get that position in the stand alone version?
Regards
Jan
  • Janice Jones
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 124 posts
  • 5 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Jan,

Yes I'm not sure zensocial should be included in the template - I'll check with Anthony

Not sure I follow as social is created as a loadposition module so its not a template position

To re-create "social" you would just type it in the module position box

The social icons in the template are controlled by the social tab in the template settings

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul
Here's a screeenshot of the quickstart version showing the position:
Regards
Jan
social_position_quick_install.JPG
  • Janice Jones
  • 124 posts
  • 5 Thanks
Hi Jan,

With the position being displayed - it will display the position name even with it being a loadposition name

e.g. you can test this by adding a new position name in the loadposition box in the footer module

I just tried this myself and it displays the new position I added called test

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Janice Jones
Hi Paul. Forgive me - not sure I follow that - my understanding or lack of it I believe!! In the quickstart package there is a position called social with a module loaded into it:

CaptureSocial.JPG

In the standalone there isn't. It may be that the template changed before production and/or my understanding of the Joomla loadposition functionality is flawed. The loadposition call doesn't seem to work at all in the standalone version when I add the module and code. The loadposition code is in your documentation instructions to copy so the question really is whether the position and / or the loadpostion code is needed to replicate the template.
I'm really grateful for all your help with this. It may not be evident from your end but I have made a lot of progress on this in the last couple of days. I hadn't appreciated just what could be done with the new framework.

Regards
Janice
  • Janice Jones
  • 124 posts
  • 5 Thanks
Hi Paul
A Thank-you for when you wake up....
You were right in that you can create a position and I was absolutely right in that my understanding was flawed :)
I missed the step where I should have created a custom position when publishing the module. I (wrongly) assumed that the position would automatically show. I read Anthony's excellent article on loadposition which, together with your answer, solved my problem. Thank you both.

Regards
Janice
  • Janice Jones
  • 124 posts
  • 5 Thanks
Thanks Janice :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Also sorry for any confusion regarding the position and social module

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
No problem..I've been on quite a learning curve :)
  • Janice Jones
  • 124 posts
  • 5 Thanks
Thanks

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Just to update you - the quickstart package has been updated so the social module displays

It was meant to display

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers