Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

add code to HEAD on ALL pages

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I want to add favicon to my site using using new html5 codes:
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="57x57" href="/favicon/apple-touch-icon-57x57.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="60x60" href="/favicon/apple-touch-icon-60x60.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="72x72" href="/favicon/apple-touch-icon-72x72.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="76x76" href="/favicon/apple-touch-icon-76x76.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="114x114" href="/favicon/apple-touch-icon-114x114.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="120x120" href="/favicon/apple-touch-icon-120x120.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="144x144" href="/favicon/apple-touch-icon-144x144.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="152x152" href="/favicon/apple-touch-icon-152x152.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="180x180" href="/favicon/apple-touch-icon-180x180.png">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="/favicon/favicon-32x32.png" sizes="32x32">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="/favicon/favicon-194x194.png" sizes="194x194">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="/favicon/favicon-96x96.png" sizes="96x96">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="/favicon/android-chrome-192x192.png" sizes="192x192">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="/favicon/favicon-16x16.png" sizes="16x16">
<link rel="manifest" href="/favicon/manifest.json">
<link rel="mask-icon" href="/favicon/safari-pinned-tab.svg" color="#048cb3">
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon/favicon.ico">
<meta name="msapplication-TileColor" content="#2d89ef">
<meta name="msapplication-TileImage" content="/favicon/mstile-144x144.png">
<meta name="msapplication-config" content="/favicon/browserconfig.xml">
<meta name="theme-color" content="#ffffff">

What's the best place to put it all?

I've placed in the (ASCENT2) template->settings->"Before closing head tag" but it's not working because it changes all double-quotes for single-quotes.
  • APAZO
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 75 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I will check on this and get back to you once the developers are online (different timezones)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Was there an answer to this question?
I would like to know it as well..

thanks,
dennis
  • dennis kobus
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 12 posts
Hi Dennis,

Sorry I don't think we never really got to grips with this one

I'll need to check but we are bit short team member wise following the Christmas break and illness - it may be next week before I hear back on this one

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hello everyone,

my problem is very similar. I have tried for days to add some different-sized favicons to my Rasa2 website without significant success.

My work assignment was:
"Insert the following code in the <head> section of your pages:"

Could you please tell me, where to store the files and where to insert the following html declaration code into the <head> section?

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="180x180" href="/apple-touch-icon.png">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="/favicon-32x32.png" sizes="32x32">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="/favicon-16x16.png" sizes="16x16">
<link rel="manifest" href="/manifest.json">
<link rel="mask-icon" href="/safari-pinned-tab.svg" color="#5bbad5">
<meta name="theme-color" content="#ffffff">

Thank you very much! Sincerely, Manuel
  • ManuelPhilippGruber
  • 1 posts
Hi there,

You can add them manually in the code to templates/rasa2/tmpl/blocks/head.php

But adding them in the admin with single quotes should render fine though. The double quotes are changed to single to allow the correct saving of data for each theme / config.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
After doing the changes in some sites and doing AGAIN after an update I finally move the code to a BLOCK and then load the block in the head, so after an update only need to add a single line to the head:

in [templates/buildr/tmpl/blocks/head.php], ADD at the end, before the closing tag:

// Load FAVICONS BLOCK
$this->loadBlock('favicons');

and put all the favicons code in a favicons.php file (it's ok with double-quotes)

If I update the template I only need to add ONE line again and can copy/paste the favicons.php block from one site to another (the icons change but the code its the same).

To ANTHONY:

it's common to use the new favicons (for IOS/ANDROID/etc) these days, so why not change the template code to always include a favicons.php block EMPTY just like I do.

We will fill it if we need it (realfavicongenerator.net/).

The real deal will be to have a textarea in the template where to paste the html, but until that, this will do the trick...
  • APAZO
  • 75 posts
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by APAZO.
Hi

I will talk to the developers about this on monday

Thanks for the update

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers