Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

pictures for banner

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi All,

This may be a strange question but I am considering Medica for a new project. An important aspect of the site will be photographs we will be taking of the client, his staff and the local area. I tried to download one of the stock images you used in the banner position just to see what aspect/size/positioning might be but couldn't capture it. I also couldn't find any info in the documentation. I don't want to download and install the template to find out, especially since you mention the images may not necessarily be included in the download.

Can you tell me: what is the best size for the banner images? Where is the subject/action of the shot best located: top, middle?

I have attached an example photograph (where I have guessed) to show what I mean.

Thanks for any help!

Joanne
Attachments:
  • joanne721
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 285 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Joanne,

With responsive images it does depend on the device width
So as such there isn't an ideal width for all devices

Portraits can be a real struggle for photographer sites when the image is responsive full width

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I guess I can always turn off the banner for small screens like phones.

Thanks,

Joanne
  • joanne721
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 285 posts
Yes you could do that

As big downloads on mobiles are an issue

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers