Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

NavBar Background Setting in Template

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Following a recent support ticket, I have one question remaining. To get the NavBar background colour I wanted to match the selected site styling, I had to add a custom.css entry:

#menu ul > li a, #menu ul > li .zen-menu-heading {
background: #eeeeee;
}

This had the effect of applying the formatting I was after from the template originally. I had selected the colour #eeeeee in the template settings on the Theme Tab under NavBar section, in the entry entitled "Navbar Background".

That background didn't get set and it seems there is css in the module that sets it to transparent regardless. All the other settings for active item background, hover background, drop-down entry backgrounds all worked fine, this one alone stubbornly ignored it.

Is this a bug in the module or the way the template works, or was I misunderstanding how the template settings form was supposed to operate?
  • James Clarkson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 62 posts
  • 3 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi James,

Do you have a link for the site?
or the ticket number?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

The ticket number is: SUPPORT-AXO4U1C2K6 Site links and login there.

This really wasn't meant to carry on the ticket, which I have closed as I have everything on there sorted now, it was just a more general attempt at understanding as I was told for the template design, the intention was for the NavBar to be transparent (which from memory is how the setting in the template Settings was set).

So I didn't know if it was intentionally or unintentionally ignoring the template setting.

I'm all fixed, it was more a question as I am on a steep learning curve and trying to figure out where all the buttons and levers are.

Kind regards,
James
  • James Clarkson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 62 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Hi James,

Right with you - I will check with developers in the morning

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
hmm

looking at this - I think this was a design choice by Anthony

So, yes in this case adding this line to the custom css is a decent solution

As the variable is using the body background value as the design wants the menu to be the same colour as the background

So not a bug but I can understand your frustration - sorry about this

Regards,
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

Thanks for confirming. Robert's direction to use CSS kind of implied that, it just wasn't spelled out anywhere I could find. Perhaps that's a standard setting in other templates that works okay and too much work to remove for a one-off. I spent about 4 hours Sunday working through all the combinations to make sure I wasn't missing something. The good news is all the rest worked perfectly!

Originally, I picked this template due to the cleanness of the design, but in testing, some of us older folks found the text hard to read, so we found the pale background helped our tired old eyes on some older screens.

Thanks again for your cheerful and willing assistance.
  • James Clarkson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 62 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Sorry for the time spent on this issue

Best of luck with the site

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers