Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Formatting News Ticker

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

In the Gazetta sample page, the news items align perfectly with the module title "Breaking News". In my page they have some padding around them. When I look at the page source for the two pages, I see that each item in the sample Gazetta page carousel has heading tags <h2 class="zt-inline"> yet in my page source, the items in the carousel have <h2 class="zt-block">

What am I missing, and where do I need to tweak these settings? Seemed to stumble over it when first set up carousel, now can't seem to get it right again.
  • James Clarkson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 62 posts
  • 3 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Okay, I figured out I should be using the Ticker not the Carousel zen tool. I figured out you are using the Module Title not the Pre-text.

But I just can't figure out what I need to change to make my news text line up with the module title. It seems to be half a line too deep, so text cut off in the middle.

I have searched the forums and thought I came across some custom css I needed in an earlier post, but doesn't seem to do the trick.

Looking at the source for the sample page, doesn't seem to be loading custom.css for the control itself, so a bit stumped.
  • James Clarkson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 62 posts
  • 3 Thanks
On checking the page source again, I realised it is a slideshow that is in use. When I change to this and set the options I think apply, I get exactly the same page source as for the demo page, except I am stuck with my items in <h2 class="zt-block"> tags and the same is the <h2 class="zt-inline">

I may be wrong, and this may have nothing to do with the vertical positioning in the news ticker. Anyhow, newsticker seems to be the way to go, can you point me in the right direction? I suspect you have some custom css affecting the demo page, which I will need to replicate.
  • James Clarkson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 62 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Hi James,

Can you add a link for the site?

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Sorry Paul, should have included this in first post. Here is a link to test site where you can see the issue:
181.224.149.100/~clarkso3/

Have tried in several browsers, so it is a css issue, I am just unsure what is the best way to solve it.
  • James Clarkson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 62 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Try adding

#zentools-142 .zt-title.zt-block {margin:0;}

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks v much Paul, as always, excellent prompt assistance. I was on the right track, but attacking the wrong tags.

As the carny would say, Missed the gold watch and chain, take a cigar!
  • James Clarkson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 62 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Hi Paul,

One extra question if I may. If I enable the navigation arrows on the news ticker the arrows seem to force the news ticker text to a new row, and only the arrows are visible. Just struggling to work out which css code I'm needing to adjust so they fit in a single row together, or is this outside its design.

This is not especially necessary since the mouse drag and touch drag work well, and things cycle around anyway, but it might help with some obtuse types...
  • James Clarkson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 62 posts
  • 3 Thanks
At the moment I can't see the arrows are they still enabled?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Apologies Paul, meant to update this before you got to it. I found the issue was related to not having the pre-text. When it is blank, then whether the arrows appear or not, the ticker text is not displayed. I just fiddled with the pre-text to get it to sit how I wanted and turned off the module title. Two ways of getting to same result.

You can close this one now, I don't need the arrows, so I suspect there is a small issue, but it is not affecting me now.
  • James Clarkson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 62 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Thanks James

Best of luck with it

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers