Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Issue with Safari & Firefox - Zentools?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I have found an issue with the Offcanvas panel in Firefox and Safari.

I have two variants of the Gazetta template. One with Grid21 visible and one without. I am showing testimonials in Grid21, and only want those to appear on appropriate pages.

The three-line icon to display Offcanvas panel works fine in all browsers tested so far when clicked on a page using the variant of the Gazetta template without Grid21.

However, on the variant where Grid21 is displayed, that behaviour is only correct in Internet Explorer and Chrome (Windows) & Opera (Windows). In Safari (Windows), Safari (iPad) and Firefox (Windows), the Offcanvas panel does not appear, although other visual changes, such as Social icons disappearing do occur. I am guessing it is a Zentools rather Gazetta issue?

You can see the correct behaviour here:
181.224.149.100/~clarkso3/services

Incorrect behaviour here in Safari and Firefox:
181.224.149.100/~clarkso3/

Also, as part of testing, note the favicon does not appear in Chrome (Windowsor in Safari (iPad), but appears in all other browsers.
  • James Clarkson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 62 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by James Clarkson.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

I'm struggling to see the problem on the ipad and firefox - is this at a particular screen width in firefox?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Regarding Safari on windows - we don't test on that browser as it's not been updated for several years and has no support

I'd suggest not using it as it has security issues together with performance problems

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul, I'll have to do some more testing then. Actually, iPad is IPad Mini, sorry for misdirection there. That is where I noticed the issue first, then went and did testing elsewhere, on Windows, waiting to borrow a MacBook to test there.

Firefox was running on screen with 1920 width, I'll try at other sizes.

Regards,
James
  • James Clarkson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 62 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Hi James,

odd with firefox as I can't see a problem

Let us know how you get on with the mac book :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
If you turn off any animation effects does that help?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Sorry about this Paul. I thought I was using latest Firefox. I then re-installed the upgrade I downloaded yesterday and now it seems to be fine. Perhaps there was a hiccup with the upgrade.

It seems the only remaining non-functioning one is the iPad Mini using Safari, which is where I first saw the problem, and what started me testing in other browsers on Windows.

I'll try and report back on Safari on MacBook tonight, but I am assuming you have done that testing already, and now have done it on iPad.

Also, favicon issue I reported, it doesn't show in iPad Safari, either in address bar or on favorites screen. In Chrome, it doesn't show in address bar, but does show in bookmarks.

I think I am just back to iPad Mini issues now.
  • James Clarkson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 62 posts
  • 3 Thanks
I'll need to check with the developers on safari mini
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
With the favicon issue do you see this sites favicon?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Re Favicon, no on iPad Safari, only some websites work, others don't and I can't work out what the issue is. It isn't the end of the world, but would be lovely if t did.

Attached is my favourites in a blank tab, showing some that work and some that don't, in case you can figure it out, but don't knock yourselves out unless fixing it is of interest.
Attachments:
  • James Clarkson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 62 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Interesting - with the favicon I will ask the developers but it may be next week before I hear back

A gap in my knowledge I think on macs

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul, no rush on the favicon, as I say it is one minor inconsistency. It would be lovely to sort out, but it isn't highest priority.

But I'm interested to see what you can come up with the offcanvas panel on the iPad mini, 'cause that means I will have to rethink my design, as iPad's are going to need the login capability. If it can't be resolved, I will have to do some web site redesign.
  • James Clarkson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 62 posts
  • 3 Thanks
I'll ask a developer

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

I downloaded 1.1.3 and updated it today. I noted the issue about floating panel on touch devices , anyway, tested on my iPad mini and this problem now appears to be resolved. Not sure if that was what it was referring to, but fantastic turn-around!
  • James Clarkson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 62 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Are you all ok now?

I'm not quite sure what you mean regarding the floating panel issue

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

Apologies, I misread the changelog. In any case, it prompted me to load the v1.1.3 of zentools2 and it seems to have fixed the issue I had with the offcanvas panel.

All that remains, very much with low priority is finding out wh the favicon doesn't work in limited places.
  • James Clarkson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 62 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Right thanks

I'll check on monday

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi James,

Favicons are controlled entirely by cache. Which page do you see the incorrect favicon on? Sorry if Ive missed it in the content above.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers