Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

ZenTools2 update broke a background colour

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello, just renewed my subscription as I've been working on different projects lately, and all I can say is, WOW. You guys have been busy designing a brilliant template system and ZenTools 2 is fantastic.

I want to use the gazzetta template and have run into a small issue I cannot figure out even with Firebug.

I've installed the quickstart and the template looks great, as soon as I update ZenTools2 to version 1.1.3 (the latest version), the text header background colour on the Aside position changes to white, but nothing I have tried can get it back to the primary colour. Firebug shows the colour should be e74c3c and i have also put it in the custom css file with the !important tag and it still doesn't work.

I have reinstalled the template from scratch a number of times, cleared cache and temp files etc. to no avail.

www.btnn66.com is the site and it is just a Quickstart install with updated ZenTools2 and Joomla 3.4.4.

Thanks for your help.
  • betonicah
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 58 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

You need to target this style

#aside .zentools .zt-title * a {
color: #fff; }

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Actually the text is already white. The issue is with the tile block background. With a stock Quickstart, the background is red, when Zentools2 is updated, the background turns white even though it is set to be red. White text on white background is tough to read!

Here is a pic from before the Zentools2 update and after.
Attachments:
  • betonicah
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 58 posts
sorry I didn't read your question correctly will look again
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Not quite sure why the css isn't applying

but try

#aside .zt-col {background:#e74c3c none repeat scroll 0 0}

This isn't ideal as its adding a background

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thank you very much, that code worked. I'll keep an eye out for anything else that may be an issue with this template and the Zentools2 update.

When you say this code, "it isn't ideal", since I haven't done a lot on the site yet that I can't recreate quickly with some SQL imports, do you think I would be better off reinstalling the Quickstart and NOT updating the Zentools2 to the latest version?
  • betonicah
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 58 posts
I'd leave the template as is - its only a css change and quite minor

It was just if you changed the layout later in during the site build the background colour may need to be changed

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul, one thing that hasn't changed at Joomla Bamboo is the stellar support!
  • betonicah
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 58 posts
You're welcome :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers