Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Working to set up Gazetta - general questions

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi everyone - I am setting up Gazetta and have a few questions. I installed it with demo content and am replacing the demo content with my own.

1. I replaced the text in the first slideshow with my own text, and am now getting the message "Save failed with the following error: Invalid Parent ID". The saves actually are taking - both the text and image are updated - but I'm not clear on what "parent" it would be looking for. I would like to fix this in case the underlying issue causes other problems.

2. May I remove the Gazetta name, author info, and copyright block, and replace it with our info and copyright notice? I have a developer account.

3. Where do I go to replace the images behind the list of contacts displayed? I was able to update the names and information, but I can't seen to figure out where the images are updated.

Many thanks for any help you can provide.
  • awadev
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 11 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
FYI - I am continuing to work on this, and it appears that any change to the sample content articles on the slide show results in the same error.
  • awadev
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 11 posts
Hi

It could be categories have been corrupted - have you completed a joomla core update?

In category manager try clicking the rebuild button

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Also if you go to extension manager > Database

Does that show any issue?

If so hit the fix button in top left corner

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Also you could try hitting the rebuild button in the menu manager

open the named menu and click rebuild - you might want to try that before category manager

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I tried all 3 - menus and categories rebuilt successfully. Database showed no errors. I ran fix anyway.

After each change, I tried adding or removing a space from an article and then pressing Save - I got the same message each time.
  • awadev
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 11 posts
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by awadev. Reason: clarification
Thanks - rats thought one of those would fix it

Was this a Joomla Bamboo quickstart installation?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yes.
  • awadev
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 11 posts
Could it be this? forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2463934

I will try opening and saving the categories (one of the suggestions) and see if that helps. Will post back either way.
  • awadev
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 11 posts
I saved each category as described (parent first, then children) and that fixed it. Thank you!!! The fixes you described were the other part of the fix in the link I found this in.

Now that this is working (and this was the biggie - I was worried about corrupting my install) do you happen to know the answers to the other 2 questions?

I want to change the pix for the people in the published key contributors on the front page (from the sample content) - worst case I could upload files with the same name, but that's a brute force fix and I want to understand this better.

Second question is, it is okay if I remove the Gazetta name, author name, and copyright notice from the front page, and substitute my own copyright info for our copyrighted content? I think that is permitted but the info looks a little different than before, and I don't want to violate TOS.
  • awadev
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 11 posts
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by awadev. Reason: fix mistake
Hi

"I want to change the pix for the people in the published key contributors on the front page (from the sample content) - worst case I could upload files with the same name, but that's a brute force fix and I want to understand this better."

The module is loading contact content - so to change the content go to the components dropdown in the Joomla admin and click on contacts

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Regarding

"Second question is, it is okay if I remove the Gazetta name, author name, and copyright notice from the front page, and substitute my own copyright info for our copyrighted content? I think that is permitted but the info looks a little different than before, and I don't want to violate TOS."

Do you mean the front end of the site? - if so then sure that can be changed

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks! I can now replace the images in the contacts.

I am having the same problem with replacing the template videos in the carousel with my own videos - I can find various settings, but I can't figure out which screen actually specifies which videos are assigned to the video carousel, and how to replace them. If you can point me to the right screen, I should be fine.

Many, many thanks.
  • awadev
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 11 posts
Hi

Can I just check first you have videos working outside of any module?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
As depending on your joomla setup the video iframe or code can be stripped from the content

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The video carousel is working in the default content. I do not have any videos working outside of that. All I want to do is replace the delivered demo videos with actual videos of my own, but I don't know where to go to replace them. This is the Gazetta delivered default content.
  • awadev
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 11 posts
The problem is, I have no idea where to look to find where the videos are controlled in the default Gazetta content. I have looked but so far no joy. So I don't know how to tell how they are set up.

The delivered demo videos are working fine. I want to replace them with my own videos so I can get the site up and working quickly, but I cannot figure out where you all set up the video carousel on the front page, so I have no idea how to modify or even remove it.

Honestly, even if the new videos don't work right away, I still need to replace the demo content and then try to get the new videos working, if that makes sense.

I don't want to go live with demo video content and so far, with your help, everything else I've tried to replace went okay.

I have made no major changes to the site so far - I am trying to go live fast, so am leaving it basically set up as the demo structure, just replacing content but leaving most of the structure intact. Eventually I will need to change the menu and other structure a bit, but right now I'm focused on trying to get the content replaced. I am going to set up a test site to tinker once I go live, so I don't break the live site.

As background, I am a DBA, not a web developer - I have decent technical skills but this area is not my strongest suit.

The new videos I want to add are mpg4s if that helps.

Lisa
  • awadev
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 11 posts
Hi Lisa,

The demo sites are using iframes and depending on how you set up the site once you open and save a video article page it can strip the iframe code

The videos are also being loaded from video sharing sites e.g. vimeo and youtube for example

<iframe src="player.vimeo.com/video/106766315" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

this is the content for one video from vimeo - if you were to open and save the Taj Burrow page (it contains the iframe above) and save does the video code get removed?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul -

Well, right now my main problem is that I can't figure out where to go to in Joomla to open and edit the setup of the videos. I literally can't find the place where they're set up to modify. Are they articles? Modules? Which ones? I really would love to get this site online this weekend - it's becoming a fairly urgent business priority - and I can't do that with demo content.

I can't even remove the videos because I can't find where they are coming from.

At least one of my own videos is also a youtube video, and if directly embedding them in the page or module or whatever it is won't work, and I should use iframes, I can load the other 2 to youtube and use iframes.

But right now, my main problem is that I can't figure out where the existing demo videos are configured within Joomla - not the external source, but where they are configured in Gazetta. I can't find a reference in the docs, either. So I can't change the demo videos out because I can't figure out WHERE in Joomla I should go to change them.

Please help!!!!!!! This is literally a matter of survival for the teeny tiny business that wants to use this template.

Lisa
  • awadev
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 11 posts
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by awadev.
PS - I can't even remove them, because I can't figure out where and how you all set them up in the demo content.
  • awadev
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 11 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers