Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Template settings take forever to appear on front end

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

HI, all.

I am trying to build my first Joomlabamboo-based website and there must be something I'm clearly missing with Joomlabamboo templates. I have experience with another vendors templates, so I kinda know my way around the backend.

I installed the Boost quickstart package first to get a feel for it. I can change the Styles and they appear instantly on the front end, every time.

I can make one change to that template style, "Save and Compile Theme", then "Save", and the change appears on the front end, as expected.

However... when I make another change to that same template style, such as color or background texture, it takes FOREVER to appear on the front end (anywhere from 15-30 mins).

I clear the browser cache and have the Joomla Cache settings to off. Verified the cache dir is empty.

I installed another vendors quickstart template also (the one I'm experienced with), and verified that any changes made to the template appear on the front end instantly, so I don't think it's anything due to the hosting service.

Am I missing something?

Thank!
-Jay
  • jamesdeanreeves
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 14 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Jay,

Can you check out thread covering point 1 to 5 - do any apply?

www.joomlabamboo.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=579&id=114065&Itemid=215

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi, Paul. Thanks for replying.

I did see that article early, but thought it didn't apply because it didn't appear to tell me it timed out - guess it may have if it takes that long.

Keep in mind this is the stock quickinstall from Joomlabambo - nothing added or done to it except log in and fiddle with the template.

1) not using admin tools
2) I'm on shared hosting, so it's not clear where the php execution time variable would go - .htaccess? create a php.ini file? This may be it, but not clear where to put it.
3) Server mem is 256M - what is "not high enough"?
4) This "inspector" is new to me - what is it, where is it, etc
5) Site is online - NOT offline.

Regards,
-J
  • jamesdeanreeves
  • 14 posts
Hi Jay,

Perhaps I think it would be easier if you opened a ticket for your site so we can take a look although it would be monday before we could take a look

I'm in the UK so its nearly 2am here :)

Please include Joomla access details

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
You open a ticket via the sidebar on the right side of this page - just in case you've missed it

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Duh...I'm such a bozo. If I would have snooped around in cPanel a little bit, I would have spotted the issue. My new hosting service is using a much newer version of cPanel than I'm used to - there's a little feature I wasn't aware of called "SuperCacher". It appears that feature sits between my website and the world, and flushing Joomla's cache doesn't affect it. I flush it and all template changes appear!

Thanks for your help and time, Paul!

Regards,
-Jay
  • jamesdeanreeves
  • 14 posts
ah siteground supercacher?

I forget about that all the time

I'd turn if off if you haven't already and then turn it on when site is ready to go fully live

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yes sir, you are correct! I changed my hosting service to Siteground and I guess that is something specific to Siteground - good feature, however if that's their very own "feature", maybe they should warn us about it and that it's ON by default!

Paul, thanks for all you do! I'm sure I'll have more questions as I travel the Joomlabamboo path!

-J
  • jamesdeanreeves
  • 14 posts
Easy one to forget - catches me out regularly

Yes I think you may have a point - default "off" would be good

Thanks - good luck with your site :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers