Must Read: New Unified System is officially live Must Read     |   6 Templates Updated (27 April 2018) Read more

Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zen short code add custom icon

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

how can i add a custom icon into zen short code? my client wants her hummingbird logo to be the "arrow" in an accordion layout in a module.

how can this be done? is the iconset in a graphics file with coordinates that point to each icon? in which case i can work with that if i know where to find it.

please advise

PS. Might be a good addition to allow people to either use the zen short codes or choose their own icon
  • candyce
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 391 posts
  • 8 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

This isn't that straight forward

As the shortcodes plugin uses fontawesome font icons

You can add styling via the custom code

docs.joomlabamboo.com/zen-grid-framework-4/theme/shortcodes/custom-markup

I guess in long term we will be moving to the newer library but not sure at this stage

Cheers
Paul
  • paulus103
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
docs.joomlabamboo.com/zen-grid-framework-4/theme/shortcodes/icons

With fontawesome site you can enable the cdn option which loads directly from them

stackoverflow.com/questions/17941120/how-can-i-edit-font-awesome-or-include-my-own-icons

Are you familiar with this?

Cheers
Paul
  • paulus103
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
i created a glyph set using font awesome on icomoon that includes my custom icon. do these new files replace the ones in the site? do i need to rename them and put them in the media folder? somewhere else? in the html folder in the template?

not sure what to do with these files now.
icomoon_ss.png

icomoon_ss2.png
  • candyce
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 391 posts
  • 8 Thanks
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by candyce.
Can you attach what you have in a zip as I actually have no idea how to do this :)

And I will try it

Cheers
Paul
  • paulus103
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Here you are, this has been a learning process for me too which is why i went ahead with it. it would be pretty cool to be able to do this anytime.

i am thinking i could rename the font files and replace the ones in the media folder but i am not positive and haven't had a chance to try it yet.
Attachments:
  • candyce
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 391 posts
  • 8 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers