Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

image metadata

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

Looking through the forum posts, I saw a reference to image metadata (EXIF etc) as a possible to do to add to zentools 2

We are looking to upload an image library to a historical archive site with Adobe Lightroom as our starting point as we can easily add the metadata here.

The obvious questions are:

1. Would Zentools2 galleries accommodate this to avoid having to manually create image metadata?
2. If not, are there any other extensions that would cope with this that you are aware of?
3. Would we actually be better off thinking of these as a manual item to begin with?

A bit philosophical, I know, but any thoughts would be welcome.

Best wishes

Richard
  • richarddhill
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 193 posts
  • 3 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
i found a page in the documentation that has an example of how it works

zentools2.joomlabamboo.com/content-sources/curated-gallery
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Thanks Blueshift

I don't think you can add this manually

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks both for replying.

Maybe I misunderstood the answers or mis-phrased the question.

What I was looking at was only a way of displaying the metadata that had already been added in Lightroom.

So, for example, if I added date, time, image tags and metadescription to an image and then imported it, could this be stored along with the image and displayed.

If I add a single image into an article, I know I can do this. I can manually caption it and tag it. The question is whether there is a gallery that allows you to do this automatically when you upload and display images.

I feel the more I write, the more obscure I get, but hopefully you get the gist.

Richard
  • richarddhill
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 193 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Hi Richard,

With the curated gallery if you drop an image in does it pick up the sidecar metadata?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers