Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

zentools list with paginator

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I would like to create a new section that displays, let's say, the last 10 articles. This is of course easy with Zentools 2 - List. But what I would like is that I can now browse through older articles also, using a paginator. Is there an easy way to do it?
  • slosch
  • 12 Month basic
  • 81 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

There are are several sorting options - publish data might be the best option
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
In the content tab

2017-09-18_16h21_01.png
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paulus,

Thank you for your answer. I think, I did not really bring across, what I want. Over the years, we probably wrote 100-150 articles for our club. I want to show X of them in a list. So far, so good, I do that with Menthols / List.
I would like to offer though, to then go to the next X and the next ones etc. I would imagine a pagination bar at the top or bottom.
I have done that previously with K2 and was now wondering, if I can get this done with Zentools somehow?

Cheers,
Steffen
  • slosch
  • 12 Month basic
  • 81 posts
Hi Steffen
This is my need also. I have 100 of items. I need to show 10 best items first and give access to rest of them on pages with pagination. I tried with K2 native solution but featured items were still visible over each page generated by pagination - so it was't good. I can't "hide" those featured item when user is on second page.
My poor solution is to show featured items in ZT2 module and give access to rest of the items (not featured) by button below the module linking to K2 category page:
www.witrazesc.com.pl/witraze/witrazeinfo2018/1575-witraze-w-kosciele
Maybe that help. I am not able to invent more sofisticated solution :(, are you?
regards Tomek
p.s and I was told here on JB forum that ZT2 module is not designed for showing lot of items because page will load very slowly
  • witraze
  • 12 Month basic
  • 346 posts
  • 20 Thanks
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by witraze.
Hi Guys,

At the moment I need to speak to the developers on above

Will get back to you shortly

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers