Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Using Zentools2 ...

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello :)

some questions about using Zentools2 ...
What is the best way to upload images to a folder without using a FTP client? Should I use another upload extension?
Another thing: I can’t see anywhere the ACLs for Zentools module. Is it possible to restrict access to certain tabs of the configuration?
I find hazardous let my client the total control of the Zentools configuration, this is the reason of my questions ...

Thank you ;)
  • Lorenzo
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 369 posts
  • 11 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

I'd look for an upload extension for this
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Unfortunately there isn't ACL for zentools2 other than what comes from the Joomla core

I totally understand the issue with clients

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
it’s a pity for ACLs… :huh:
I think that Zentools is fantastic for creation of content on administration side, but is inappropriate if we want to leave the content management by the client ... I will have to find an alternative .... thank you anyway ;)
  • Lorenzo
  • 369 posts
  • 11 Thanks
With being a module it isn't possible

As I said above the only way would be to manage would be to use ACL extensions or via the Joomla core

Best of luck with it

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
If you just need to upload images for zentools to use as a source you can use joomla core media manager to upload and restrict access via acl.

We use for sites, set up zt to grab images from a specific folder then instruct users to upload to a folder within joomla. The magic then just happens without users fiddling without the setup.. For us we use jce to manager the editor and media, but any media manager will work. Jce can set specific folder(s) for upload. You then can control via joomla acl.

Another way is to use joomla articles to manage images, then grab images via zentools. You can restrict by category, again acl can restrict access via joomla. You don't have to add words to the articles in the tradition sense. You can create articles, say image 1, image 2 etc, then users can just change the images at will via core articles.

There is then no need to give users access to the module. Applies to most modules, content suppliers rarely need to access modules, like the old days of joomla though.

Hope that gives you an alternative workflow to consider.
Regards Ian
  • iafdesign
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: manh, Lorenzo
... thank you Ian, you're absolutely right, I had quite forgotten that JCE with the JCE file Browser, offer the opportunity to finely manage access to image and files folders.
Why I was so obstinated to set ACLs directly on Zentools module I don’t know, really stupid on my part. :silly:
Thank you for opening my eyes and giving me an alternative workflow ;)
  • Lorenzo
  • 369 posts
  • 11 Thanks
Thanks guys

A definite gap in my knowledge here :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
and thanks again Ian for your continued help with the forum :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers