Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Video Item on Grid Layout not going fullscreen

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I am building a Joomla site using the Buildr template and ZenTools2 and I am struggling with the Video Item on Grid Layouts.

When I have it on a Feature Carousel the video goes fullscreen if the fullscreen logo is clicked, however when showing it on a Grid Layout the browser goes fullscreen but the video does not, it kind of gets its size constrained by the Grid Item.

Does anyone know if this is a problem with the CSS of the Grid Layout or if I am doing something wrong?

The page is: hellopadel.org/index.php/video

PS: Loading so many youtube iframes is not optimal so I am also trying using thumbnails that load the youtube iframe on click but I have exactly the same problem with the fullscreen, so I want to make sure it works with the OOTB video item before making any changes.

Many thanks in advance.

Conrado
  • Conrado
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 6 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Conrado,

I'm a little unclear as I don't see any opening full screen. I'm not sure what you mean by fullscreen logo

Are you wanting videos to show in a lightbox?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

I mean the little icon on the bottom right hand side of the youtube player that makes the video go fullscreen.

Cheers,
Conrado
  • Conrado
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 6 posts
Hi Conrado,

hmm interesting nobody has used the extension this way before that I know of - I'll need to check with the developers to see what they can suggest

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul, much appreciated.

I think that some DIV in the hierarchy has got a class that is constraining the fullscreen size. It does not happened on the videos in the Featured Carousel.

Cheers,
Conrado
  • Conrado
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 6 posts
I will check

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

Did you get any feedback on why the videos aren't working in fullscreen?

Cheers,
Conrado
  • Conrado
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 6 posts
Hi Conrado,

With the video in fullscreen we suggest people load the video in a lightbox via the module settings

We are looking at this to see if we can do it differently but I've not heard back yet were we got with it

sorry for the delay on this

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers