Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zentools2: Feature Request: Banner content

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Just installed Zentools2 2.2.5, and some features are not there for banner content that would be handy.

Banner link target
It would be good to be able to assign the target for the banners being displayed in the module, so you can set whether they need to open in the same or a new window.

Banner Impressions and Clicks
It would also be great to be able to tally up the number of impressions and clicks banners receive, storing that data back in the Joomla banners table so it can be seen in the banners component.

Thanks
  • pjackson
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 28 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Patrick,

1. You should be able to select new window in the part of the layout that you want to apply the link to. eg image, title etc.

2. I agree that would be good but at this stage I don't think we will be able to add that int he short term. I'll add it to the tracker for the next major version and perhaps look at the way mod_banners does it. if it does it :)

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
1. Found it... Link type. Had been looking for Target instead.

2. Thanks Next major version works. mod_banners does do all that... Zentools2 just shows it prettier.

A continuous carousel effect can also go on that next major version request list!
  • pjackson
  • 28 posts
Great - thats a maybe for the next version :)

Not sure about the continuous carousel with that script but I'll look into it.
Cheers
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers