Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Misaligned images in Zentools Grid

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I setup a series of grid image galleries using Zentools. I'm trying to create a two column grid of images that link to external sites.

If I use the "Smart Resize and Crop" setting, the grid lines up (i.e., there are two columns of images and the are neatly arranged in rows). However, the logo images are not resized to fit within the viewport of the image box (i.e., you can only see part of the image).

If I use the "Auto Resize and Crop" setting, the entirety of the image is visible (which I want), but the images are not aligned at all. They're sort of floating all around.

Is there something I've configured incorrectly? How can I line up the images in a neat two column grid of images?

Thank you.
  • gtdesign
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 4 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The page in question is:

greenwoodfurnacetrailchallenge.com/index.php/sponsors
  • gtdesign
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 4 posts
I think the problem here is the differing sizes and ratios between height and width of the images

Are you able to get the starting width heights closer?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks for getting back to me Paul. Unfortunately the images are submitted from our sponsors in all different formats and sizes. Some of them aren't suited for resizing so they don't look to good after I do so in Photoshop. I was hoping the resize methods of the module would make everything work properly.

Is it possible to achieve the desired alignment using custom CSS or some other method?

By the way, that page actually contains four different instances of the Zentools grid (one each for our sponsorship levels -- keystone, gold, silver, bronze).
Keystone - just the one image - the YMCA Camp Soles
Gold - RE/MAX is the starting image
Silver - Graphics & Design is the starting image
Bronze - PARunners is the starting image

Not sure if that matters are far as this issue goes, but just wanted to make that clear.

Thanks!
  • gtdesign
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 4 posts
I'm not a 100% sure how pngs work being resized in zentools v2 but perhaps try a couple on pngs with a transparent background - which would make them the same size despite not actually looking like it to the viewer
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Re photoshop - yes can be a problem and some just don't work well but are you working in regular increments?

e.g. 25% or 50% or 75%? - I find resizing with 50% can work
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
tinypng.com/ is an option to shrink the file sizes of pngs but the images don't work if you need to reopen them in photoshop
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul. I played around with some image sizes and formats and got things to look how I wanted them.

Thanks for your help!
  • gtdesign
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 4 posts
no problem

You're welcome

Good luck with the site

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers