Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Odd K2 Content Behavior

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I've used Zentools2 on many sites, so am pretty familiar with how to use it - however on a recent site, it seems to be ignoring some of the settings. It was pulling content from categories not selected, and even displaying a trashed item. In addition, the Featured item selections didn't do as expected. Currently I have it as I want by having it selected to show "Only Featured Items" , even though none are set to featured.
- I updated to 1.1.6
- tried various cache settings

Any other ideas on where to look?
  • Troy Mumm
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 140 posts
  • 3 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I need to check with Anthony on this

This doesn't apply for selecting the content but have you also compiled the css in the module for styling updates?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Troy,
We have logged this in the tracker and will get a fix later this week.
Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Troy,
So sorry that this got dropped off our list before Christmas - I have it fixed and will be released in the next version.

Thanks for your patience.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony -

Thanks for all the great updates in 2.2. However, there seems like there still might be an issue with K2 Content retrieval. On this site: crewutah.org/ we are using multiple versions of ZenTools2, each pulling the one latest item from the specified category. When we added a new item to the "Jobs" category, it got pulled into all of the modules. I was able to fix it by changing the created date to the other items to be newer then the item in the "Jobs" category. The settings all seem correct and same for each module, and updated to 2.2.

Let me know if you need more info to track this down. Thanks!
  • Troy Mumm
  • 140 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Hi Troy,

I think that issue actually means that you need to go in and re-save the module settings again. Sorry about that but let us know if that fixes the issue.
Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I went through and opened, checked settings and re-saved each, but problem persists. This item persists on showing everywhere. Also, it continues to show when unpublished. It also appears the date it is showing is the modified date, not the creation date. Another note, an item in another category that was set to publish in the future was appearing on the module, again ignoring the published state.
  • Troy Mumm
  • 140 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Hmm thats a weird one then - could you create a ticket with ftp details so I can see what's happening?
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers