Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

odd overly in ZT2 grid

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

on the (live) site link below, the first row of the front page grid has part of the overlay showing. I'm not sure when this began but I've been putting out small fires after the J3.4.5 update

ZT2 1.1.5
Ecollife 1.3.2
Joomla 3.4.5

--> link <--
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

I'll need to check Anthony on this as it looks like a glitch with the css on the top row

Not quite sure how best to fix it

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The overlay seems to be caused by the title text wrapping to a second line on grid position 2 - Children & Youth Spiritual Formation. The height of the overlay is calculated for the whole row based on that title wrapping, I believe from the JS (sorry don't have copy to look at to hand). You can produce the same overlay on a second row if you reduce the browser window (and refresh) causing another title to wrap.

A workaround may be to play with the Animated Overlay Offset value in the zt2 theme, from a quick play 170px (assuming standard of 200px is used currently) should work okay but a bit of trial and error should come up with value. Alternatively reduce the title length to a workable length that does not wrap or reduce the font size. Anyway this may help out until the grown ups can provide something more elegant.

Cheers Ian
  • iafdesign
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
Nice catch. :)
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Thanks Ian, :)

That might be the way to go - I was thinking that way but will check with Anthony

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers