Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Page Builders and zentools?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi JB Team,

I'm not sure if this fully falls under your Zentools2 scope but I thought I'd mention it.

I was recently looking at Page-builders for Joomla and came across the one at JoomlaShine - the features it has, no matter how simple it may be, really do save time and make things easier.
What I really like is that it has a button built into the article editor so you can also use it on standard Joomla pages (and not just modules).

I think having a quick way to whip up different responsive layouts (along with the other various features) is invaluable and I know there are a few other Joomla extensions that you can use for layouts (including your shortcodes extension) but is this a possible path you guys would consider going down?

I'm not keen on using the JSN extension because I don't believe it's completely stable and that's why I thought I'd find out your thoughts on this.

Thanks
  • Aadil
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Aadil.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

I've added this to a new thread as its little outside of the normal requests - I'll let Anthony know about your feedback

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aadil
Hi Aadil,
This is popping up a bit actually. I need to get the next theme out the door in the next week or so and I had planned to visit this idea to see how it would work. Will keep you updated.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aadil
Hi Paul & Anthony,

Thanks for your replies. Yes, I would have thought that other people might have wanted it too because Wordpress has their options and there are 2 or so options for Joomla but the Joomla ones are either not stable enough or streamlined enough (from the little that I know).

The JSN one is pretty intuitive and easy to use but unstable, so as long as you guys can get something going that's stable, then I believe that would definitely differentiate your brand.
Also, I think it would help in on-boarding new clients if you get the word out and market it well - new people to the game are always looking for a simple/easy way to get things up and running.

Thanks again.
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
Hi Aadil,

I tried the JSN builder a few months ago but I wasn't really sold on it because I still felt there were too many options. I agree it's very flexible but it didnt have the appeal of some of the WP based drag and drop builders Ive seen.

Will definitely revisit this once I tick a few more things off my list.

Happy to look at other components / plugins that you think do a good or even a bad job too :)

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

Sure, would love to see what you're able to do in this area when you finally have a little time for it. I'm not sure how many features is too many but as long as it's stable (I like to think that stability is pretty critical).

Hmm...well, if you're looking at other possible extensions to work on in future then I think that the current contact forms out there could be improved on a little in terms of flexibility/customization (by sort of using your intuitive approach with the Zentools backend) - Fox Contact is pretty good but maybe it could be better.

Lastly, social plugins/modules with a little more flexibility, would be nice, in terms of having an option for just social media buttons (with their hover & active states, custom button/image uploads, etc) that can be inserted into the positions you'd like. Also, having modules that stream your social media activity separately might be nice - I know of a few already but again, maybe it could be improved.

Templates, a page-builder, contact forms, social media options, zentools (as well a few of your other extensions like maps, etc.) would pretty much be all you need to get the majority of websites up - I think that would be a good suite.

Thanks
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Aadil.
Right that sounds pretty cool.

The way Ive been thinking about it is that it would perhaps be integrated into the template somehow. You would be able to move pages from template to template but it would effectively lock into the template admin.

But as I say I need to look further into this.
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi,

Yes, I understand what you're saying although I thought that developers like to keep the core intact and make nonessential features modular, so there isn't too much bloat and you can pinpoint conflicts if they arise. Also, maybe it might be more attractive to those looking to join the club, if they're given the option to use it on other templates too.

Anyhow, thanks - would love to see what comes of this.
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
Thanks will be interesting :)

Thanks for the feedback / suggestions

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers