Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Prob with Zentools 2

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi all,
I'm testing Zentools 2 in a Xero template and I've some problems to make it work.
My goal is : A grid to present a photo gallery with EXIF titles and author name under each photo thumbnail in the grid. And when thumbnails are clicked, to have a lightbox firered with the complete pic inside and EXIF title and author below the pic or somewhere else.

I already use Zentool in another website but it's the V1, then I have exactly what I described above except for EXIF datas of course, I'm using images filenames instead.

With the V2 I have those problems :

- I don't understand how to display all images of a folder in media manager directories..I just succeed to select a folder and manually select images in the folder. I don't want to manually select the images to display, I want Zen tools to display all images of the selected folder.

- The url on my thumbnail is '/' (I'm using only one image right now in the gallery folder), then when it's clicked it's firering the home page of the website.

- EXIF datas are not displayed, I selected that feature but nothing is displayed. I injected EXIF author name and title using the exiftools software.
For the EXIF title, I think I understud that it's not yet available, right ?

- Checkboxes to select what kind of EXIF details to display are not working. If I select only author and save the module configuration, then it's checking again all the EXIF details available.

Thanks for any answers !

Sincerely.

Bruno.
  • Brunus
  • 12 Month basic
  • 99 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Bruno,

Could you post a link to the site and perhaps some screenshots of your settings. That might be the best way to see where things are going awry.

Thanks!
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,
yep, this is the page, a simple article with Zentools 2 on belowcontent position :
www.brunuslab.net/Images/testing-zeentools-2-gallery-features.html
It's a personnal test site, we can break it if needed, the no worries to try things.
I'll put more pics today in the folder I want to display as gallery.

I'll made the screen-shots later today also.

Sincerely.

Bruno.
  • Brunus
  • 12 Month basic
  • 99 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Thanks - could you post a ticket with login access so I can see your settings?
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks Anthony !
I did it, feel free to change the password and mail of your login on my site, and ask if you need something.
I'm on the way to put more pics in the gallery folder, with EXIF details inside.

Sincerely.

Bruno.
  • Brunus
  • 12 Month basic
  • 99 posts
  • 1 Thanks
I see Brunus mentioning the url for the thumbs.
Where do I specify this location?
G
  • gg008
  • 12 Month basic
  • 124 posts
Hi gg008, In my case I need a gallery behavior, then url should fire the full image on click on the thumbnail.
I did not seek for the Zentools 2 behavior with url, but Zentools V1 uses Joomla's article urls and the article images features.
Hope this will help you.

Sincerely.

Bruno.
  • Brunus
  • 12 Month basic
  • 99 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Thanks Bruno. Looks like we have different needs. I'm having issues using category content with with ZT2. I thought perhaps there is a config setting to indicate where the the thumbs get created. None get created for me.
I've posted a ticket. We'll see what happens.
  • gg008
  • 12 Month basic
  • 124 posts
Thanks Bruno
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers