Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

make sidebar 1 and 2 stack on large tablets

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I need to make sidebar 1 and 2 stack on top of each other on large tablets (768 to 1024) since they are very narrow at this point. How to?
  • ubunti
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 371 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
You need to change the tablet max-width in the responsive tab in the template settings to the point you want them to collapse eg 1024 and then specify stack for those positions in the layout tool. This will change the tablet width for all of the other options but it may or may not be an issue depending on how you are using the template.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
It is not possible to specify stack for those positions in the layout tool. The stack applies to Maincontent as well. I need two columns: Maincontent and sidebar1 stacked above sidebar2 on tablets.
  • ubunti
  • 371 posts
Right sorry I misunderstood.

You will need custom css like this:

@media screen and (max-width:787px) {
div.sidebar {width:48%;margin:0}
}

Change the 787px to your tablet width.
You may need to add !important width and margin.
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks but that does not work. Now sidebar-2 slips below the main content if main is shorter than sidebar-1. And there is no margin between main and the sidebars.
  • ubunti
  • 371 posts
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by ubunti.
Do you have a link for the site with the code suggested by Anthony?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
  • ubunti
  • 371 posts
Sorry I was delayed in coming back here. Now I understand what you need but it's not possible at this stage. You can of course add your own custom css to handle this. Depending on the layout you may need to tweak various push pull classes and make changes to the layout to ensure that the midcol forces the sidebar into position.

I do think this is a much more usuable solution to how multiple sidebars operate on the small screens so I will add this to the framework at this stage, but as you know, I am making my way through other changes and will have to make this addition a part of the next round of updates.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers