Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Use of lightbox

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

I'm not a fan of maincontent taking over the page real estate. Is there a way to use lightbox directly from the menus?

Thanks
  • Bogdanovic
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 23 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Not 100% sure what you mean

In articles you can resize the images in a zentools gallery and then have them pop up at a bigger size - not sure if this helps

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
It's not about images. It's about content. When showing in the main content panel everything from the home page disappears. I would prefer to show content in a lightbox.
I tried setting the style of a menu item to open-panel. Kinda works but the menu item itself no longer shows in the same place where all other items are. Also, the lightbox opens but shows no content. You can see at sheermomentum.com/_acumassage/index.php/en/.
When you click on any item (about, testimonies) both slideshows are gone and the page you look at looks pretty poor. However, if I could open the content of about etc in a lightbox...

Any suggestion?

Thanks!
  • Bogdanovic
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 23 posts
Hi there,

There are a number of plugins on the extensions.joomla.org site that can do this for you. Or you can use Zentools2 to load content from articles in the lightbox. The single gallery option may be a good choice or just displaying the item title in the main display and then showing the image and text from the item in the lightbox.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Sorry, I don't quite follow what you're saying. I mean, I understand the concept but I have no clue how to accomplish that. How can I make a menu item open a lightbox? And how do I make the appropriate content show there?

Thanks!
  • Bogdanovic
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 23 posts
Hi

If the image opened correctly in a lightbox on the home page rather than a new window would that solve the problem?

For example this is how the lightbox should work

zentools2.joomlabamboo.com/zentools2-examples

Click any of the image galleries below
"BACKSTRETCH SLIDESHOW"

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yes. Something like that except that I want to show selected content (articles and/or images)... by clicking on a menu item
  • Bogdanovic
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 23 posts
Right so you would need to use a different extension
As zentools can't display in a link only articles or modules

I'm afraid its not something I've had to do for a long time so I'm afraid I can't recommend anything

You will need to try extensions.joomla.org/

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by manh.
OK. Got it. The zentools can already do so much. Must be me, anyway. Perhaps I'm going about it in a wrong way. Would you be able to help me understand the way the individual grids work in the layout?
For example Grid1 (check the attached file), as you see, it's got 2 containers.
I have to 2 slideshows, both positioned to Grid1 (apparently, it's not possible to position to individual containers). So, in my mind, I would expect the two show side by side. But no. They're stacked. Why is that?
Attachments:
  • Bogdanovic
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 23 posts
Hi

Have you tried publishing one to grid1 position and the other to the grid4 position?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Ouch :) Now I got it!!! I thought Grid# refers to the sections, not individual panels. In hindsight, that was a very silly assumption.

Thanks a lot, Paulus
  • Bogdanovic
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 23 posts
No problem

Good luck with the site

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers