Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

min-height of zen-wrap too large, can't adjust

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello -

I have a page with around 600px of content (height wise). After that is a lot of white space, and then the position below (content) is rendered. When I change min-height in DevTools, I can get the below content to come right after maincontent.
<!-- Required for Slidebar / Offcanvas implementation -->
<div id="zen-wrap" style="min-height: 1189px;">

How can I adjust min-height to around 700px and what are the drawbacks of it?

Thank you
  • mark
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 7 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Do you have a link for the site?

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yes, link is below.

whitespace problem

I also installed a blueprint accordion and it won't open - the only thing that happens is that zen-wrap goes to 0 and then back again to the original value.

What is zen-wrap responsible for?

Accordion won't open
  • mark
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 7 posts
Hi Mark,

The zen-wrap gets calculated dynamically by javascript. The best option is to keep the content you currently have inside the zen-wrap wrapper. If you aren't using offcanvas then you could just remove the zen-wrap all together.

The accordion isnt working because jQuery is loading above the first reference to jQuery. If the extension uses the Joomla conventions then it should load jQuery within the system already. You can either enable jQuery in the accordion module or try Zentools2 which will do what you need as well.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
My Collapsed Menu Behaviour is set to Select. Does this mean I can disable the zen-wrap (how?), and still have the menu display off canvas?

As for the accordion, it isn't a joomla module at all, just a nested accordion example that I found. Does zentools2 have the ability to display nested accordions (accordions within accordions)?

Thanks for your help
  • mark
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 7 posts
Hi Mark,

Ah ok - yes so you need to have the zen-wrap div if you use the offcanvas module position.

Zentools cant do nested accordions. But if you have added the jQuery library yourself then removing that reference to the library will probably fix the issue with the accordion.

So re the min-height you can force it using an important rule like this:
#zen-wrap {min-height:600px !important}

I'm not sure why you are getting the extra space if everything is inside the zen-wrap div then it should be ok.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The min height CSS fix works beautifully, thank you.

I used a plugin to disable Joomla's loading of jquery (in [root]/media/jui/js) but that disables the offcanvas menu entirely - it also doesn't make the accordion work.

I noticed that the zengrid library also loads jquery.resmenu.min.js - would this be a possible conflict?

regards,
mark
  • mark
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 7 posts
Hi Mark,

Just checking but why are you disabling the loading of Joomla's jquery?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers