Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Cannot redeclare class

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi

I've just finished programming my first Joomla module.

It works fine on my test platform (using the Ecolife theme).

But I've just uploaded it to my live server, and the module is generating this error:

"Cannot redeclare class Zen4 in /home/admin/public_html/templates/ecolife/zengrid/zen.php on line 23"

The problem is definitely the module (it appears if I activate the module, disappears if I deactivate it), but I'm not sure if it's just that it's behaving badly with the Zen framework, or if I've made a known obvious mistake.

Difficulty is I can't replicate the problem on my test server, so I don't quite know how to troubleshoot it!

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Best,

Jeremy
  • Jeremy Stangroom
  • 12 Month basic
  • 61 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I fixed it!

Not sure why the Zen framework was redeclaring the class, but the problem was to do with the hostname of the database the module was hooked up to (basically, the connection was failing).

Thanks!
  • Jeremy Stangroom
  • 12 Month basic
  • 61 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Jeremy,

Glad you fixed it. Weird issue though - not sure why that would cause the issue :)

Glad you caught it.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers