Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Custom smooth scrolling links in one-page layout

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I'm using the Venture template and have enabled one-page layout. I want to be able to create a button in the content of my page that scrolls to a section of the page with the smooth scrolling effect rather than snapping to it (just as the one-page links work in the menu). How can I create this custom link myself in a page? What are the classes or IDs I need to use or do I need to do more than that?

P.s. I'm not a pro with coding so you might need to explain things a little more if needed
  • mobuk
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 35 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I just tested what I as trying before and realised I used a class instead of ID by mistake. I've now put this below html for my link, could you check that i'm doing it right? It seems to work anyway. Just checking

<div id="navwrap"><a href="#grid5-link">Link Text</a></div>
  • mobuk
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 35 posts
Hi

A few users have used this extension

www.joomlabamboo.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=651&id=115661&Itemid=215

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers