Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Social network visualization

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi All,

I've a couple of issues with the social networks.

1. Twitter sharing in the homepage of the site.
Although I wrote the username in the relevant template setting page, the result, whenever the button is clicked, is not the expected one since in the "share a link" window that appears there isn't any username after the character "@".

2. Zentools v2 module (ver. 1.1.5), facebook and twitter are not shown.
The layout used is "grid", the content source is "images" and the item layout is "title + image". In the image setting I chose "lightbox" and in the relevant settings I've enabled "display twitter" and "display facebook" (google plus is enabled as well, but it works fine).
The problem is that facebook "like" and its counter are not visible at all, whilst with twitter, its button is visible but the counter is missing.

I have also a minor issue with the fonts. I've chosen the Google fonts but sometimes they are not displayed correctly (I've tried with different browsers, different PCs and the visualization varies) and I don't understand why. What could be the reason?

In case of need, the url of the site is www.sposaperfetta.it

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Francesco
  • Francesco
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 8 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Francesco,

1. Are you using the latest version of the template?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
2. I'll need to check on the twitter count in zentools - there is a bug currently with the facebook icon which we will be fixing shortly
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
3. With Google fonts there can be a slight delay as they load - I don't see a problem myself when viewing the site - so it loads a default font while the google font loads

could that be the problem you are seeing?

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

thank you for your fast feedback!

Here below the answers to your questions:

1. I'm currently using the version 1.3.3 of Venture template (that should be the last one) with the Zen Grid Framework version 4.1.3.3

2. I'll wait then for an update.

3. I think that it is not a matter of time with the loading (at least on the PCs where I've tried), the Google font is shown immediately correctly or it is never shown.
At the beginning I thought it had something to see with the cache but in reality this is not the case.

In summary, the point 3 is less important even if the Google font I've chosen is more elegant than the default one, but I need to have the other 2 points fixed as soon as possible.

Let me know in case you need further information.

Cheers
  • Francesco
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 8 posts
I will check on 1.

We are looking at 2. now

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi

Can you try updating the module by re-installing the latest version

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
For information on what we have updated you can check out here

docs.joomlabamboo.com/changelogs/zentools2-changelog
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,
yes, the facebook buttons are now visible and they work fine.
However, there is an error with the "like" overlap, where it is possible to insert a comment, which is not completely visible since it is truncated. I've tried to play with the css but I can't figure out how to solve it.
Besides that there is also the particular of the missing twitter username after the @ symbol, as reported in my previous post.
Thanks for the excellent work and for your support!

Cheers
  • Francesco
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 8 posts
Hi Francesco,

Did you recreate the master css int he theme panel? There were some css edits added to this release that require you to do that before the changes will show up properly.
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Francesco
Hi Anthony,
I recreated the master css, since in the log file that Paul indicated me, it is written that this is a requirement.
I tried again and now everything is working just fine. Probably, in the first attempt, the upgrade was unsuccessful.

There's just the small detail of the missing username in the twitter share (it is obviously written in the proper text box inside the template setting). It is not so important but, just for curiosity, I'd like to understand what is wrong.

Thanks for the good work!

Francesco
  • Francesco
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 8 posts
Hi Francesco,

So to confirm the only issue outstanding in the social share from the template settings all the module glitches are resolved?

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Francesco
Hi Paul,
yes, apart the social share within the template, I don't have any other issue or concern with the modules.
Regarding the old question of the Google fonts, I've realized that they don't load whenever the speed of the internet connection is not... let's say "optimal".

Thanks, Joomlabamboo team!

BR
  • Francesco
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 8 posts
Right yes that can happen with fonts given the font is loaded from an external source

I will check with the developers on monday regarding your issue

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers