Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Solved: Remove/hide footer area?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

With the Venture template, is it possible to not have anything be displayed below the background slideshow and banner module? For my WIP site this applies only to the template style used on the home page:

nearmiddlefar.com

In my current layout for that template style, I disabled all template rows below the banner row. On the home page, there are still ~60 pixels or so with the primary color visible below the banner module - if possible that is what I would like to remove only for this template style (applies only the home page).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Update: I created another thread, but now I wonder if there is one solution that will resolve the questions/requests in both this thread and the other one. Here is that other thread:
www.joomlabamboo.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=681&id=115549&Itemid=215
  • porwig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 143 posts
  • 4 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by porwig.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Update: I removed most of that footer area by adding this to custom.css:

#footerwrap {
padding: 0px;
}

There are still 20 pixels left in that footer area that, if possible, I would like to not display on the home page. My CSS skills don't seem good enough to solve that.

If that is difficult to fully solve with CSS, I wonder if this could be better solved by creating a custom row style and only apply it to the template style that's being used for the home page?
  • porwig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 143 posts
  • 4 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by porwig.
Hi

If you add this

.itemid-101 #footerwrap .zen-spotlight {padding:0;}

Does that do the trick?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: porwig
With .itemid-101 its only targetting the home page - I should have mentioned that :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yes, thanks Paul, that solves this perfectly!
  • porwig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 143 posts
  • 4 Thanks
You're welcome

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers