Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Removing overlay from slideshow

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi!

I want to remove the overlay from my slideshow image on the site www.hjelptilhjelp.no.

I see from this post (www.joomlabamboo.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=681&id=114871&Itemid=215#146428) how I can remove the overlay from the slideshow in a Venture template.

I have tried to both to enter the text "transparent" (in the Banner overlay color box) or to enter "0" (in the Banner Overlay Transparency box), but none of these actions remove the overlay.

A possible issue in relation to this problem: when I save the template settings the admin site load a long time - and therefore I just have to refresh the page. Then I see that the changes have been saved, so it doesn't seem to be prevent me from saving new changes. Still, just wanted to mention...

So, in short: I need your support to figure out what I can do to remove the overlay.

Thank you very much in advance!
  • Ove Heradstveit
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 11 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Can you change any colour based setting in the admin?

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi!

Very good question. The answer turns out to be No.
When I do changes in theme colors, none of these takes effects.

However, others parts of the template manager works fine, for example changing the layout.

So there seem to be some global issue regarding "theme" settings tab within the template manager. As mentioned, when I click the button "Please save your changes", the buttons says "Compiling less to css" and then goes on forever... Seems to be some script issue here?

Any ideas on what I should try?
  • Ove Heradstveit
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 11 posts
Do you have Akeeba Admin tools installed?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
No, I don't have Akeeba admin tool. I do have JotCache, sh404sef, and also use Cloudflare. Don't know if that has any relevance regarding my problems with saving the theme settings?

However, I did try a manual tweak in the theme.blues.php file, changing the value for banner-overlay from (16,34,43,0.7) to (0,0,0,0). So that way I got rid of the banner overlay.

I think I will be okay with that for now.
  • Ove Heradstveit
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 11 posts
I think one of these would be the culprit

JotCache, sh404sef, and also use Cloudflare

So I would try and temporarily disable them if you need to make changes or try the site on some development space without them installed
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
You could also have tried using custom css and used !important to override the template css

But thanks for posting your solution

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Looking at the site I would perhaps suggest changing the logo and menu colour as I can't read the links very well
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
menu-colour.jpg

Just added a link so you can see what I mean

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers