Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

venture - template customization

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

hi guys!!!!! how have you been?! :laugh:

i'm working again on my site!!! :woohoo:

i just installed venture on my local site... (i already upgrated to joomla 3.4.1) but i think i did something wrong somewhere because it is not changing any template configuration i try to make... i think it has to be with the admin tools component... i think i had the admin tools pro, but then i updated and now i got the admin tools core... it doesn't shows the .htaccess maker to add the exception....

please, let me know if you need something else from me...

cheers!! :)

ADDED:
i forgot! i'm using chrome... when i try to edit something on the template manager it shows the blue ribbon on the top saying it is saving... then it even shows a green box saying also it is saved... but then when it reloads anything hasn't changed... i tried safari and it shows the blue ribbon at the top but this ribbon stays there frozen and doesn't do anything more....
  • yubisay
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 131 posts
Last Edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by yubisay. Reason: forgot to mention which browser i'm using...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi :)

Nice to hear from you again :)

Can you check out this thread and see if any of these issues are the cause

www.joomlabamboo.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=579&id=114065&Itemid=215

Cheers :)

Paul, Rob and Anthony
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
hi paul!! thanks for answering!

i had admin tools core... because when i updated the pro version that i used to had, it disappeared :S so, i thought that with the core version of this component it would work (it doesn't show the .htaccess maker and the web application firewall) ... but well, what i did was to upload a backup i had previous to updating admin tools pro so i'll have it back... did the steps and is working almost fine! only, detail i think is:

• template manager / theme / theme options:

i'm trying to create a new theme based on the "primary" theme... it is saving the name of the new theme "my" and is saving new color options... buuut... when i click the "please save your changes" red button and it changes to the blue button "compiling less to ccs" it stays there... i mean the wheel stays spining and the blue ribbon on the top of the pages stays: "Compiling less to css and saving your changes ...." for ever, until i click on close... also, before clicking close.... if i go to settings, it also shows the wheel spinning...

when i go back to the template manager, it saved the new theme "my" buuut, when i go to the front end, the page is completely all mixed up, it even shows a huge blank space before starting to show the menu with no style at all...

if i choose another theme like "soft" it works all right on the front end, although on the back the wheel on "compiling less to ccs" keep spinning also forever...

thanks!!! :)
  • yubisay
  • 131 posts
other thing! i think related to the previous post:

• template manager / effects / enable slideshow: although now i can select the folder with the images... (previous to the change made before i couldn't), on the front page it is not showing the images inside that folder.... i attach a screen shot just in case...
Attachments:
  • yubisay
  • 131 posts
Hi :)

When you try and compile do you see any error in the browser console window?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
what is the localhost you are using?

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
thanks paul!!

i'm working on a macBook Pro.... on the chrome console i see:
jquery.min.js:4 POST http://localhost:8888/myvacationto/?template=venture&tmpl=ajax&function=ajax-compiler net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSEjquery.min.js:4 sendjquery.min.js:4 m.extend.ajaxcompile_data.js?version=1.3:125 $.fn.compile_dataindex.php?option=com_templates&view=style&layout=edit&id=18:6606 (anonymous function)jquery.min.js:3 m.event.dispatchjquery.min.js:3 r.handle
Attachments:
  • yubisay
  • 131 posts
Can you uninstall the admin tools you don't need it at this stage of the development process

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
hi paul!!

just an update :silly:

i uninstalled admin tools as you told me... but it didn't work.... what we did was to install the site in a live server.... and everything is working all right even with admin tools installed.... so, it must be the MAMP version on my computer or so....

thanks!! :P
  • yubisay
  • 131 posts
Cool :)

Good luck with the project

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers