Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Slideshow in modue

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

When I remove the relative; top values the image positions too far away from the top of the container. So, I think I'll leave them in as long as it's not messing anything else up.

Thanks,
Andy
  • Andyfoo
  • 12 Month basic
  • 76 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Right sure - think it would be a case of just tweaking

but if its works - don't break it :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I'm still tweaking this Sidebar2 module.

I've got the Zentools slideshow working great, opening a lightbox. I'd like to have the "Meet our Therapists" button at the bottom of the module also open to the same lightbox.

Is it possible to have a button (href) trigger a zentools lightbox? I haven't figured out a way to do it yet. I could go a different route altogether, but I'd like to see if this is possible first.

Any suggestions are welcome, as always.

Thanks,
Andy
  • Andyfoo
  • 12 Month basic
  • 76 posts
Hi Andy,

You could create a zentools module with just a title and style it as a btn using a module class and then set to load a lightbox

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
OK, so GoDaddy seems to have gotten their act together and I'm back in action. I'm still trying to get this module the way I want, and can't seem to get it.

Basically, I'd like there to be two ways within this custom html module for the user to reach a lightbox in which they can navigate the therapist bio articles: 1) clicking on the photos in slideshow at the top of the module or 2) clicking on the button reading "Meet Our Therapists" at the bottom of the same Sidebar2 module.

Here's the current html in the custom html module:

<p class="fullwidth">{loadposition headshots}</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Our highly qualified, licensed therapists have over 20 years experience helping individuals and families.</p>
</blockquote>
<p class="btn btn-primary" style="text-align: center;">{loadposition headshotsbutton}</p>

The first loadposition is working perfectly, displaying a zentools slideshow module which opens up the lightbox.

I can't get the button to work properly. Should I be using "class="btn btn-primary"" as I have it above or should I be styling it as a button through the custom css file or some other way?

I also can't seem to get only title to show up in the button, yet all the content to show up in the lightbox. If I set the Layout in the zentools module to only title, that's all that shows up in the lightbox as well.

Any specific instructions are welcome. I understand if it's too much hand-holding, and I'll keep researching online and experimenting. I realize there are multiple layers at play here with two zentool modules nested in a custom html module. I imagine I've just got to find the right combination of settings.

Thanks,
Andy
  • Andyfoo
  • 12 Month basic
  • 76 posts
Hi Andy,

In summary

You want a series of button to open lightboxs containing content?
What content is going to display in the lightbox - Article and image?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
So, I want a custom html module in the Sidebar2 position that contains the following, top to bottom:

1. A zentools slideshow, when clicked opens a lightbox to display articles, including the one image in each article. For this I'm using the loadposition function. I've got this working fine.

2. Some text.

3. A button that says "Meet Our Therapists", when clicked opens the same (or basically a duplicate) lightbox to display the same articles, with their image. This is the part I can't figure out how to do.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Thanks,
Andy
  • Andyfoo
  • 12 Month basic
  • 76 posts
Hi Andy

What is set to show in the lightbox tab?

Same settings as other module

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Two articles are set to show in the lightbox. The zentools content is based on the category for those articles.

You can see the articles in the lightbox:

newprairiecounseling.com

Click on the photo slideshow in the Sidebar2 position to see the lightbox.

Thanks,
Andy
  • Andyfoo
  • 12 Month basic
  • 76 posts
Hi Andy,

Can you attach a screenshot of the lightbox tab in the module settings

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Attached is a screenshot of the lightbox tab of the module for the button.

Currently, it's opening up the lightbox correctly. However, the text displayed on the button is the title of the first article called (Andy Young) rather than displaying the title of the module (Meet Our Therapists). I'd like it to show "Meet Our Therapists" as the button text.

The button itself is also not shaped correctly. It's a big squarish box rather than a button fitting closer to the text.

ScreenShot2015-04-06at8.53.45AM.png
  • Andyfoo
  • 12 Month basic
  • 76 posts
hmm I can't get this to work either

I'll have to ask and get back to you

cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers