Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Updating template and joomla version

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I have JB Library - Zen Library Package (2.1.4). It is enabled.

How do I check to see if my extensions are up to date?
  • RobertCamp
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 155 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Can uninstall JB library and see if that removes the error
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Many extensions will tell you but many will not

This is where having as few as extensions as possible really helps

You can only really confirm by checking the web sites in question but I would remove JB library first as its not needed for J3+ templates

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Uninstalling seems to have fixed the problem. I'll try to go through my site carefully to be sure.

Thanks so much for your help.

Bob
  • RobertCamp
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 155 posts
No problem

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Having as few extensions as possible is also a good idea for performance and security of the site

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I'll try to go through and get rid of anything extraneous. Is there some simple metric I can use to evaluate and uninstall - like if it's not enabled (probably wouldn't help much because nearly everything I saw was enabled), or checking the extensions and plugins and seeing what's published and what's not? Or am I missing something simple and obvious?
  • RobertCamp
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 155 posts
Hey Paul,

So I've discovered a few problems, but nothing major so far.

- The link colors throughout the site (except for where I've added a change in custom.css) have all reverted to red and white. I don't remember how I changed this initially. I'm guessing I'd changed those colors in the template.css code but I wanted to ask you first if that made sense before trying to fix it that way.

- The screen overlay on the main page seems darker than before. Is there a way I can control the transparency of this? (Probably something else I did in the template.css.)

- The site load is now glitchy again with the Navbar covering up the site logo on the main page (apparently only in Safari). A quick scroll fixes this but I'd like things to operate smoothly. If you know what's going on here I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Bob
  • RobertCamp
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 155 posts
Hi Bob,

Any css changes to core template css files will be lost either on update or on compile

Any changes have to be in the custom.css file

Did we fix any issues for you on the previous template version?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Regarding the template css changes, I guess it makes sense then that my link colors changed. So that I don't run into this problem again I'm assuming there is code I can use to make those changes in the custom.css file.

As to your question about issue fixes, do you mean having to do with the link colors, or with the main page load glitch?
  • RobertCamp
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 155 posts
With the main page load glitch

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I don't actually remember what happened. I know it was a problem before, but it's possible the thing just sort of resolved itself (though that seems unlikely).

By the way, I just got back to my site and now the link colors have been restored to the way I want them, but the slideshow isn't showing up on the main page (the thumbs are still there and cycle through, but when I hit the double arrows on the right to remove text from the page the slideshow photos do appear).

I haven't done anything to make these things happen. Is is possible someone's working on my site for me? Not that I mind.

Bob
  • RobertCamp
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 155 posts
Hi Bob,

Nobody is working on the site bit late for me and Rob - 1.30am here in the UK and freezing cold :)

We'd always check with a user before looking/working on a site

If you like I can have a look in the morning for you but can you advise me of a ticket number I can search for and access the site via?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yeah, I figured you wouldn't be doing something like that without asking first. In any case, as I said the links are working fine again, the Navbar is still initially covering the logo, and my slideshow is not showing up. It's funny to me that these irregularities could be sort of cascading through the site without any input from me. Do you suppose my host might be contributing to the problem somehow?

Anyway, here are a couple of ticket numbers. I'm going to be away from things for the next few days, but I'll be getting back to it next week. I found a couple of (what I assume are) ticket numbers. Hopefully they provide access.

- Last ticket (closed) was: SUPPORT-92O86001V7

- One before that (open) was: SUPPORT-21X33627SL

Thanks again for your help.

Bob Camp
  • RobertCamp
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 155 posts
Hi Bob,

I can't seem to login

Can you create a new ticket

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers