Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Any favorite plugin for resizing joomla images?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I am moving a site over to using Rasa2 which previously used a JA Teline IV template from JoomlArt. There was one functionality we did like from JoomlArt which was a plugin which would take whatever image we uploaded and resize it to something we specified. this is really helpful because some of our editors have a hard time dealing with re-sizing images.

I wish that ZenTools2 plugin could do some magic like this. Basically we are wanting to create a thumbnail in a particular size but ALSO to create the image within the Joomla Articles to also be a specific size. This is something I could easily do with K2 but they donot want me adding K2 to this site.

I see where is one tool in the JED called ImageResizer that has some very happy and some very unhappy users. I am wondering if any of you have a favorite tool for re-sizing and creating uniform images within Joomla articles.

Thanks for any ideas you might have!

Sean
  • scarney
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 896 posts
  • 11 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Sean,

Was it this one?

extensions.joomla.org/extension/smartresizer

A few users have used this with mixed results

I'd make sure the client sticks to the specification you would give them for images e.g. not too small and not huge (I have known users to do crazy stuff with huge images)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

Yes, that is the one I was looking at. I see the ratings are not too great. but, I know somebody who uses it. However they are wishing it came from a more reliable vendor and would prefer a commercial product.

We could also use JCE editors extended image manager but they prefer to stick with TinyMCE editor. :-)

Thanks for replying. I wonder if anybody else has has some experience with this.

Sean
  • scarney
  • 896 posts
  • 11 Thanks
Hi sean
Try this plugin, works for us.

It is fairly flexible if you think it through and read the instructions fully, plus can be used in some rather more advanced ways.

www.s2software.it/en/download/joomla-image-resize-cache

Check it out on the JED
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/photos-a-images/images/articles-images/25482

Regards Ian
  • iafdesign
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: scarney
Thanks Ian :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers