Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Demo Site - Featured Items - use modules rather than categories?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello again,

I'm using the RASA2 template for my design and am trying to make a change to a piece that is incorporated into the demo install - the Featured Items module.

Here's my problem. In the demo site, the Featured Items grid that appears in the abovecontent position, is a zentools module that pulls its content from article categories.

Id like to create the same grid look and feel, that pulls from other modules. IE - I have a blog component, a video component, a business directory component, and one article category. All of the components have a 'featured' option for individual items, or some other way of choosing which to display like 'newest' etc.

Is it possible to work with the template itself, or zentools to display the same 'Featured Items' grid from these pieces?

Things I have tried that didn't work:
  • Using the 'grid' template positions. I need this to be in the content area of the site so doesn't work.
  • Using 4 separate modules and loading them all in the same position ie abovecontent'. Positions right in the template, but loads the modules stacked, not in grid.
  • Used [zen-row][zen-6] etc. to build custom grid, used [load module] in each position. Unable to format resulting grid and spacing of grid elements is offset with one another.
  • Just for laughs I used good old HTML [tr][td] to create a table, added [load module] in each cell. It works and all results formatted properly. But REALLY, who whats to use an HTML table??!

Any help would be appreciated, or tweaking of the above attempts!

Thanks!
  • Steve Pritchard
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 97 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
With Zentools V1

Depends really on the amount of content you need to display and how you need to manage it

With zentools v1 you can use external links so you could use a folder of images and then list urls you want to go to

You could also use Link A - so you load content from an article in a module but when the link is clicked it loads the link A added to the article which could be any url

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul!

I also realized that I can create new template positions and copy the 'grid' code & styling into the new position. I'll look at your suggestion as it sounds like less work!
  • Steve Pritchard
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 97 posts
No problem you're welcome

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers