Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Formatting in module?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Friends,
This may sound really dumb, but in previous posts I had trouble with the slider function for modules loading in the "closed" position. You gave me
.slide-content {
display:none;
}
to fix it, and yes, now the slider modules load in the closed position. I went in and hacked the chevrons so the arrows point down to open rather than up in the title.

Now there is a problem with the formatting I created for new modules (different positions), namely paragraph spacing and bold headers for paragraphs. They appear fine in the back end, but in the front end, it looks like simple text. Is this due to something I did to break the way the slider module formats?

I am back to wondering whether I should scrap all the work of the past 3 weeks in favor of another template, as I'm having real trouble working with this. Can you point me where I went wrong with the formatting in my slider modules here:
www.bruce-king.com/ebnetnew/about

Many thanks for your advice here.
  • swellking
  • 12 Month basic
  • 420 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Styling in the back end doesn't always reflect the styling that actually applies

When the site loads the rendering will reflect all the css that is being loaded rather than just want is viewable in the editor

Having the code in the slider means different css applies - what are you looking to add style wise? margin, padding, bolder font etc?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I was hoping that the styles inside the module would be inherited from the main template. Things like paragraph line breaks, bold or header styles implemented as shown in the jce editor, etc.

I am attaching screen shots, one of the back end, showing the paragraph spacing and bold type I would like, and then the front end, which basically thinks it is all in simple text. The html says what I want it to say with paragraph and strong notations. I don't understand why the problems with the sliders when rendered on the front end. Is there a place where I can say all css like bold, headings, etc are inherited?
Attachments:
  • swellking
  • 12 Month basic
  • 420 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi

You need to use developer tools to check the css that is the issue

e.g. paragraph spacing for example

.slide-content p {margin: 0;}

so add something along the lines of

.slide-content p {margin: 0 0 1.5em;}

You could also increase the font-weight:300 value
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I'd suggest trying have the bold elements in their p tag and then target that those tags

.slide-content p strong { }

Chrome developer tools is great for working these things out

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers